1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    18 May '14 17:18
    I have this pet pot bellied pig named Heffalump. About 6 months ago Heff ate my daughters leftover breakfast including a good sized piece of maple syrup covered bacon. Now whenever I cook bacon Heff goes nuts. He bounces up and down on his front feet and snorts like an old steam locamotive. I've been slipping him pieces of bacon just to shut him up.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    18 May '14 17:35
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I have this pet pot bellied pig named Heffalump. About 6 months ago Heff ate my daughters leftover breakfast including a good sized piece of maple syrup covered bacon. Now whenever I cook bacon Heff goes nuts. He bounces up and down on his front feet and snorts like an old steam locamotive. I've been slipping him pieces of bacon just to shut him up.
    It's very unhealthy. Bacon is very high in cholesterol. No wonder he has a pot belly. πŸ˜› Or is it the beer?
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    18 May '14 17:50
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    It's very unhealthy. Bacon is very high in cholesterol. No wonder he has a pot belly. πŸ˜› Or is it the beer?
    He's not getting my beer unless I marinate him in it and fire up the BBQ.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '14 17:57
    "Heffalump": what a wonderful and apropos name for a pot bellied pig. During our six years in Houston, Evelyn and I visited another couple several times who also owned a pet like yours. At first we were a bit leery about getting too close but were assured their pet was tame and friendly (and also exceptionally clean). Unable to recall what the pet's daily food menu was but it certainly looked well nourished and in robust health. Heffalump, I sure, hasn't the least apprehension that one day he himself will become another generation of bacon for some families. "Is it wrong...?" Species comparison of Heffalump's taste for bacon to homo sapiens resorting to cannibalism is hardly valid. Have you checked for health risks with a veterinarian?
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    18 May '14 17:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Heffalump": what a wonderful and apropos name for a pot bellied pig. During our six years in Houston, Evelyn and I visited another couple several times who also owned a pet like yours. At first we were a bit leery about getting too close but were assured their pet was tame and friendly (and also exceptionally clean). Unable to recall what the pet's dai ...[text shortened]... resorting to cannibalism is hardly valid. Have you checked for health risks with a veterinarian?
    No I haven't checked with a vet. I go to RHP for all of my critical information.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '14 18:42
    No I haven't checked with a vet. I go to RHP for all of my critical information.
    How many lbs. does Heffalump weigh?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 May '14 18:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    How many lbs. does Heffalump weigh?
    Heffalump weighs kilograms, not lbs. He's Canadian.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '14 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You're always so very helpful with timely information. Thank you.

Postscript: I'm an American and never substitute kilograms for lbs..
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    18 May '14 19:20
    I was under the impression he was a Floridian ham. Interesting subject we have going on here. Heffalump and i have a lot in common we both like bacon. Nice idea for a pet.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 May '14 19:21
    What a man and his pig do in private is no one's business. As long as it's consensual and doesn't break any laws you have my blessing.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '14 19:30
    So just feed him CANADIAN bacon thenπŸ™‚ And when the time comes....
  12. rebel city
    Moves
    18 May '14 19:40
    I think it is very chic to feed bacon to a pig. Please don't take me wrong, I am sure Heffalump deserves it, considering his bouncing skills. All I can say is that he is a lucky pig!
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    18 May '14 20:22
    That's just sinful depriving your pet porker of a stale ale from the previous nights party. You should be ashamed. 😞
  14. In your face
    Moves
    18 May '14 20:281 edit
    I've heard of worse things being fed to pigs. Kapish?
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 May '14 20:32
    I heard one time a feller visited your house and saw your pig. It has three legs. The fellow asked about the three legged pig. You said one night a fire broke out in your basement. The pig alerted your family then put out the fire. One time you rolled your tractor and was pinned underneath it. The pig drove your pick up to the wreck and lifted the tractor off of you with the winch. The fellow then asked "Well how did he lose his leg?"
    You replied "Well a pig that good you cain't eat all at once!"

*Cue banjo music*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree