General Forum

General Forum

1. Subscriberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:31
    Working in a service industry for many years I have met my fair share of awkward customers
  2. Dumnonia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:34
    @badradger said
    Working in a service industry for many years I have met my fair share of awkward customers
    Absolutely not, in fact the customer is rarely right. The saying is a old adage I remember from my retail days; it was a big mission statement then and it was as wrong then as it is now imo.
  3. Subscriberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:37
    @divegeester said
    Absolutely not, in fact the customer is rarely right. The saying is a old adage I remember from my retail days; it was a big mission statement then and it was as wrong then as it is now imo.
    2 sides 2 most coins/have u ever been an awkward customer ( or perceived as one).
  4. Dumnonia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:40
    @badradger said
    2 sides 2 most coins/have u ever been an awkward customer ( or perceived as one).
    Most of the time.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:40
    @badradger said
    It is actually not relevant if the customer is "right" as in having the absolute truth.

The relevant point is if the customer feels that his opinion is taken seriously, he is inclined to return...so the (in absolute terms untrue) saying "the customer is always right" should probably be replaced by "if you give a (potential) customer the feeling that he is served well and his needs are considered to be valid, he will stay your customer"
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:41
    Short answer....no..
    If their not happy tell them to jog on.
    Complaining to get discount is theft.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 09:361 edit
    @divegeester said
    I believe this would work on a case by case, sometimes the customer is right, then again sometimes he/she is wrong. So long as in the end he/she feels they have been treated fairly, he will return. We should keep in mind word of mouth can help or hurt a business.

-VR
  8. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:18
    The idea is to allow the customers to think they're always right; no matter what. Angry consumers help no one and make for very long shifts.
    Recently, drug seeking behaviors have become quite an issue.
    In such positively identified cases:
    If asking for Tramadol, offer ibuprofen.
    If asking for Vicodin, offer Tylenol.
    If asking for morphine, offer Tramadol.
    If asking delaudid, offer morphine.

Give nothing away easily.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:35
    @wolfe63 said

If asking delaudid, offer morphine.

Give nothing away easily.
    Do you really think that morphine is going satisfy someone looking for dilaudid which is considered to be a very addictive drug is going to replace it with morphine.

That would be highly unlikely, think you would still run into a problem there.

-VR
  10. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:42
    The ultimate aim is pain control.
    If a patient complains of level 10 pain (highest), but has normal blood pressure (+/- 120/70) is not sweating or pale and has a history of drug-seeking: Deception is suspected.
    Do not feed the monster of addiction any more than necessary.
    Just placate.
    But it's agreed: In some cases, this is not possible
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 11:504 edits
    @wolfe63 said
    The ultimate aim is pain control.
    If a patient complains of level 10 pain (highest), but has normal blood pressure (+/- 120/70) is not sweating or pale and has a history of drug-seeking: Deception is suspected.
    Do not feed the monster of addiction any more than necessary.
    Just placate.
    But it's agreed: In some cases, this is not possible
    morphine is used before they even decide to go to dilaudid. If someone is looking for dilauded then the morphine doesn't kill the pain for them anymore. I know this from personal experience. You can also only stay on it for a certain amount of time because it is so addictive.

Interesting FACT is that morphine is in dilauded. Hydromorphone, also known as dihydromorphinone, and sold under the brand name Dilaudid, among others, is a centrally-acting pain medication of the opioid class. It is made from morphine.

120/70 is not everyones normal blood pressure. Age and the shape one is in along with medical issues can make another number different and normal i.e. 130/80 etc., etc., for that particular person. The PERFECT blood pressure would be 120/70 as you say.

-VR
  12. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:42
    A normal human response to intense pain is elevated blood pressure.

If a patient is admitted with complaints of extreme pain and has a high BP; one way to measure the efficacy of analgesic therapy is through a noticed decrease in BP from baseline.

A patient's baseline is determined at admission and/or noted from previous admissions.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:48
    @wolfe63 said
    A normal human response to intense pain is elevated blood pressure.

If a patient is admitted with complaints of extreme pain and has a high BP; one way to measure the efficacy of analgesic therapy is through a noticed decrease in BP from baseline.

A patient's baseline is determined at admission and/or noted from previous admissions.
    Absolutely true, but you would have to know the normal blood pressure of the patient to know if it is elevated or not.

No disagreement that BP does rise with pain. But does the same thing after a hard work out. 😉

-VR
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:53
    @badradger said
    humans are flawed,
    we're designed that way...
    for if we were perfect,
    none of us would pray...
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 12:54
    @rookie54 said
    humans are flawed,
    we're designed that way...