General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52780
    05 May '13 13:24
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/05/world/meast/syria-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

    Israel attacked the missiles bound for Hezbullah in Lebanon, more accurate missiles that for sure would have been used to kill Israeli's.

    No news so far in the US about these strikes.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    05 May '13 15:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/05/world/meast/syria-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

    Israel attacked the missiles bound for Hezbullah in Lebanon, more accurate missiles that for sure would have been used to kill Israeli's.

    No news so far in the US about these strikes.
    "Distance from Tel-Aviv to Syrian Border: only 133 Miles!"

    http://www.maplandia.com/israel/tel-aviv/
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    80544
    05 May '13 16:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/05/world/meast/syria-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

    Israel attacked the missiles bound for Hezbullah in Lebanon, more accurate missiles that for sure would have been used to kill Israeli's.

    No news so far in the US about these strikes.
    what exactly do you mean by this statement?

    "No news so far in the US about these strikes."
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52780
    05 May '13 17:54
    Originally posted by Mott The Hoople
    what exactly do you mean by this statement?

    "No news so far in the US about these strikes."
    I only saw this story online. I looked at most of the TV news outlets with nothing but the latest on the Boston bombings but nothing about the strike on Damascus. At least yet anyway.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    05 May '13 18:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I only saw this story online. I looked at most of the TV news outlets with nothing but the latest on the Boston bombings but nothing about the strike on Damascus. At least yet anyway.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/world/middleeast/israel-syria.html
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52780
    05 May '13 19:381 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/world/middleeast/israel-syria.html
    I was talking about TV news, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I rarely read newsprint any more. I expect it won't rise to a TV story unless Hezbollah reacts with their own strikes into Israel. I don't expect Syria do anything.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    80544
    05 May '13 19:59
    the link you posted is "tv" news
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    05 May '13 20:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I rarely read newsprint any more.
    Maybe you should.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    05 May '13 21:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/05/world/meast/syria-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

    Israel attacked the missiles bound for Hezbullah in Lebanon, more accurate missiles that for sure would have been used to kill Israeli's.

    No news so far in the US about these strikes.
    NPR is reporting it on my local public radio station today.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    05 May '13 22:34
    Originally posted by JS357
    NPR is reporting it on my local public radio station today.
    He only watches TV.
  11. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    05 May '13 23:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    He only watches TV.
    YouTube
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52780
    05 May '13 23:33
    Originally posted by JS357
    NPR is reporting it on my local public radio station today.
    I listen to NPR on my long commute. TV news is mainly about sensationalism.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    06 May '13 00:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I listen to NPR on my long commute. TV news is mainly about sensationalism.
    Where do you get your news when you're not commuting?
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322302
    06 May '13 02:001 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Where do you get your news when you're not commuting?
    He probably does without. I know I do, most news isn't worth listening to / watching anyway. Apart from the odd real item, most of it is either celebrity trash or general non-news about scheduled stuff that they change the details on. Court case tomorrow, court case today, court case starts, court case happening, more court case happening in different words, court case likely to finish soon, court case about to finish, court case over, you can fill an awful lot of news bulletins with one single-day court case without actually providing any information at all.
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    06 May '13 03:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    He probably does without. I know I do, most news isn't worth listening to / watching anyway. Apart from the odd real item, most of it is either celebrity trash or general non-news about scheduled stuff that they change the details on. Court case tomorrow, court case today, court case starts, court case happening, more court case happening in different word ...[text shortened]... ews bulletins with one single-day court case without actually providing any information at all.
    Is that why you wear your hat over your eyes?
Back to Top