General Forum

General Forum

1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 14:05
    Mad world we live in isn't it? Will "man" ever really change or are we programmed this way? On a lighter, though somewhat similar note, DeMar DeRozzan has signed a 5 year $139 million deal with the Toronto Raptors.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 15:141 edit
    Is this some redneck-sport-related-in-the-know type of thing?

If so, I'll get me some pork rinds and blue pabst ribbons and
    join the group sex with siblings.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 23:17
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Mad world we live in isn't it? Will "man" ever really change or are we programmed this way? On a lighter, though somewhat similar note, DeMar DeRozzan has signed a 5 year $139 million deal with the Toronto Raptors.
    "Will "man" ever really change or are we programmed this way?"

Interesting question. Seems a two part question. Will man ever change? That is, assuming man needs to change. The question implies there's a need for a change does it not? Meaning that man's present condition is less than desirable. No? That leads to further enquiry. Why is there a need for a change? Could it be because man's condition is inexplicable? Unacceptable? Beneath a dignity assumed to be attainable? On and on it goes.

Are we pre-programmed. I think to a certain extent yes. We are encased in the finite. Our options are limited. The eternal looms before us ever beckoning. All we need do is answer the call.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '16 23:48
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Is this some redneck-sport-related-in-the-know type of thing?

If so, I'll get me some pork rinds and blue pabst ribbons and
    join the group sex with siblings.
    Your "logic" escapes me but then so does Descartes'.