1. Joined
    26 Dec '12
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 09:09
    Since yesterday, I'm getting hacked.
    This means a lot of my games have turned into a set-piece with the knight attacking my queen and rock, which means I have a disadvantage in almost every game. Please help me because I like this website [gid]http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=10694200&cbqsid=2564[/gid]
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by Daanperrin
    This means a lot of my games have turned into a set-piece with the knight attacking my queen and rock, which means I have a disadvantage in almost every game. Please help me because I like this website [gid]http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=10694200&cbqsid=2564[/gid]
    Hi,

to likn a game you use the [ gid ] tag (without the spaces).

That gives Game 10694200.

I will take a look at the game.

Edit:

I did now. You signed up to a thematic tournament
    Tournament 19908
    and all games start with the same set up. So if the opening gievs a big disadvangate to one side it gives the same advantage in the other game.

If you don't want to play, just resign your games before two moves are complete and your rating stays intact.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 10:51
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    If you don't want to play, just resign your games before two moves are complete and your rating stays intact.
    I believe it's before three moves, not two. But before quitting, do a little research on the Cochrane gambit.

http://www.chess.com/article/view/the-cochrane-gambit
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 13:58
    I've been hacked off
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 15:14
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I believe it's before three moves, not two. But before quitting, do a little research on the Cochrane gambit.

http://www.chess.com/article/view/the-cochrane-gambit
    Good link. Thanks for sharing.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 17:25
    I think they hacked your brain bro. It's over.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 00:32
    Ah, yes indeed, you've been hacked by an earworm. It affects the mind and makes you forget you entered a thematic tournament. 😕
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 00:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Hi,

to likn a game you use the [ gid ] tag (without the spaces).

That gives Game 10694200.

I will take a look at the game.

Edit:

I did now. You signed up to a thematic tournament
    Tournament 19908
    and all games start with the same set up. So if the opening gievs a big disadvangate to one side it gives the same advantage in the other ...[text shortened]... want to play, just resign your games before two moves are complete and your rating stays intact.
    Thanks, Ponderable.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 00:49
    Say goodnight Gracie.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 01:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks, Ponderable.
    For wrong info?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 01:32
    For wrong info?
    Thanks to Ponderable for caring enough about this site to take an initiative to be of help which he has consistently done. "Originally posted by HandyAndy "I believe it's before three moves, not two." Thank you, too, for the single digit correction.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 01:45
    Thanks to Ponderable for caring enough about this site to take an initiative to be of help which he has consistently done. "Originally posted by HandyAndy "I believe it's before three moves, not two." Thank you, too, for the single digit correction.
    Since the OP has five games with only two complete moves, the "single digit correction" - as you put it - is crucial.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 02:10
    Since the OP has five games with only two complete moves, the "single digit correction" - as you put it - is crucial.
    Daanperrin, I'm sure, appreciates all the help.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 03:15
    Daanperrin, I'm sure, appreciates all the help.
    I'd rather think he "aaprreciates" it. 😕
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 06:01
    For wrong info?
    Actually the trash bin vanishes after two full moves (four half moves) have been played. This is due to the possibility of a Fools' mate. For the deletion of tournament games the same criterion holds
    So the info "before two moves are completed" could be understood as being true, and I feel not as misinformer.

However in the counting of thematic tournament the nbumber shown after thje first half-move is "2" already.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree