General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Apr '16 10:05
    Just returned from the butcher and can't stop laughing, not
    without a certain blush. This shop is manned by an old couple
    and they take turns at the storefront and the back, cutting the
    meat and stuff. When I got in the lady greeted me while her
    husband was at the back, and she told me about the fresh chicken
    breasts they had to offer. I perused and tried to make up my mind,
    while she did other stuff and went to the back, after which her
    husband came to man the storefront, greeted me, and asked me
    if I knew their today's special. And that's when I told him "I've
    seen her breasts already, yes"

    We both paused, staring at each other, for a nanosecond, after
    which a goodhearted laughter erupted. She returned to the front
    and asked what was going on, but we brushed it off and went
    to business, keeping the comic faux pas to ourselves.

    Have you ever been involved in a funny situation like this? Share!
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    03 Apr '16 12:57
    In France vitamin C is often sold with preservatives in it (I can't image in why, just one of those cultural things). A person known to me once tried to buy a packet of vitamin C in France without preservatives in it and asked the druggist in halting, imperfect French whether the packet contained 'preservatif', which she imagined must be the French word for what it sounds like in English. Well, it isn't.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    03 Apr '16 14:18
    Originally posted by moonbus
    In France vitamin C is often sold with preservatives in it (I can't image in why, just one of those cultural things). A person known to me once tried to buy a packet of vitamin C in France without preservatives in it and asked the druggist in halting, imperfect French whether the packet contained 'preservatif', which she imagined must be the French word for what it sounds like in English. Well, it isn't.
    So.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    03 Apr '16 15:44
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    So.
    So, learn French and you'll get the joke.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    03 Apr '16 17:30
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Just returned from the butcher and can't stop laughing, not
    without a certain blush. This shop is manned by an old couple
    and they take turns at the storefront and the back, cutting the
    meat and stuff. When I got in the lady greeted me while her
    husband was at the back, and she told me about the fresh chicken
    breasts they had to offer. I perused and tri ...[text shortened]... mic faux pas to ourselves.

    Have you ever been involved in a funny situation like this? Share!
    Well?

    How were they?
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Apr '16 19:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Well?

    How were they?
    Juicy! But the secret is to marinate them in milk and herbs first.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    04 Apr '16 08:23
    First old man: "I didn't even see my wife's breasts until after we were married"
    Second old man: "Is that so?"
    First old man: "Yep. ... What about you?"
    Second old man: "Dunno - what was her maiden name?"
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Apr '16 16:51
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Have you ever been involved in a funny situation like this? Share![/b]
    Yes.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10591
    04 Apr '16 16:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes.
    Sir, i refuse to believe anything funny has ever happened to you.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Apr '16 17:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Sir, i refuse to believe anything funny has ever happened to you.
    I just said "yes", weren't you listening?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10591
    04 Apr '16 17:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just said "yes", weren't you listening?
    But the lack of detail sir was highly suspicious.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    04 Apr '16 19:211 edit
    The T20 World Cup provided a nice couple from the commentators.

    'That's one big swing of De Kock. Yes, it's six'. (Not that big, then.....)

    'Willey's just gone big' (Too much information, surely?)
  13. Joined
    25 Feb '16
    Moves
    3653
    04 Apr '16 19:34
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Have you ever been involved in a funny situation like this?
    Yes, but with wings instead of breasts. Now that I think about it, not quite as funny, though. 😞
Back to Top