General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    15 Dec '16 00:36
    What exactly is all this fuss about Japanese rain goggles on the internet?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421743
    15 Dec '16 00:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    What exactly is all this fuss about Japanese rain goggles on the internet?
    Japanese Rain Goggles
    A phrase that means absolutely nothing but was designed to cause hype on the internet.

    -VR
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    15 Dec '16 01:01
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Japanese Rain Goggles
    A phrase that means absolutely nothing but was designed to cause hype on the internet.
    But if it was designed and if it actually causes something, can it really be described as meaning nothing?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    421743
    15 Dec '16 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But if it was designed and if it actually causes something, can it really be described as meaning nothing?
    FMF,

    Lets just say, IF I were to say something was white, you would say it was black, just for argument sake.

    -VR
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    15 Dec '16 01:35
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Lets just say, IF I were to say something was white, you would say it was black, just for argument sake.
    You copy pasted something from the internet. I didn't call any white thing black.

    The question is whether something that is deliberately created to cause something, and can be seen to affect people in the intended way, can accurately be said to be meaningless?

    The thread is about reality of internet hype even when the hype might be seen as dealing with something ostensibly unreal.

    There is no "just for argument sake", as such, except in so far as any General Forum topic might be described that way.
    😛
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526170
    15 Dec '16 16:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    What exactly is all this fuss about Japanese rain goggles on the internet?
    Google is your friend. And it seems to me that the Topic is not approbriate for a Family friendly site.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    15 Dec '16 23:45
    Why not going back to Suzi's private message made public by the
    hypocrite bastard?

    Much more interesting.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322217
    15 Dec '16 23:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Why not going back to Suzi's private message made public by the
    hypocrite bastard?

    Much more interesting.
    To you perhaps. But what's your opinion worth?
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    16 Dec '16 00:01
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    And it seems to me that the Topic is not approbriate for a Family friendly site.
    Well, well. Thank you. One lives and one learns. I had no idea. I thought Very Rusty had got it exactly right. 😛
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    16 Dec '16 05:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    What exactly is all this fuss about Japanese rain goggles on the internet?
    I gather you are trying to get some. Good luck.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    16 Dec '16 06:21
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    To you perhaps. But what's your opinion worth?
    Depends on what topic. Your age and weight, for example? It's worth a
    lot. It even got me a ban, so...
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    16 Dec '16 14:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Depends on what topic. Your age and weight, for example? It's worth a
    lot. It even got me a ban, so...
    Banned and proud of it.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322217
    16 Dec '16 23:52
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Depends on what topic. Your age and weight, for example? It's worth a
    lot. It even got me a ban, so...
    You're a creepy little online person, aren't you?
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    17 Dec '16 00:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You're a creepy little online person, aren't you?
    It gets to you. So it keeps me going.

    Darkness and decay is creeping towards all of us, inexorably, you'll get around it.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    17 Dec '16 00:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Banned and proud of it.
    Hey, at least my bans are real, Mr. Frank Zappa in the moon 😉
Back to Top