Ladies and Gentlemen!

Ladies and Gentlemen!

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
27 Nov 17
1 edit

I mean people, listeners, clients, subjects, attendees, or some other non-sexual reference to your non-sexual nature right here right now!

That's all I got. Avoid eye contact, shuffle away, c'mon.

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @apathist
I mean people, listeners, clients, subjects, attendees, or some other non-sexual reference to your non-sexual nature right here right now!

I take exception to your "non-sexual" references to the sexes.πŸ˜ πŸ™„

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
I take exception to your "non-sexual" references to the sexes.πŸ˜ πŸ™„
metoo

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Nov 17

Originally posted by @torunn
metoo
We three.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
29 Nov 17

Three men who don't want to be neutered. What are the odds?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Nov 17

You don't know it but you already have been.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Dec 17

BORING.

"There are no women on the internet."

Okay, right... Been there, heard that... too many times.

What ELSE ya got?

Come on, speak up, be a "man"...

Moves
01 Dec 17
2 edits

Some of those nouns imply a power imbalance, which some say is the real issue. I think “asymmetric power” is a better starting point for exploration of the issues. In cases where the victim is not drugged, asleep or is otherwise not physically compelled or threatened, there is a trade off of power. In some cases we must acknowledge there is willing cooperation, which still implies a debasement.

It doesn’t work without secrecy.

The men in this matter have relied on secrecy - at least “open secrecy” where those within the particular institution know it’s gouge on, and the general public is duped. The women, in most cases the victims are women, know that other women have bought into keeping the open secret for the sake of their careers.

That seems to be ending. In a way, we are growing up as a society or at least have the opportunity to do so. With this comes dis-illusionment.

Gothenburg

Moves
01 Dec 17

Originally posted by @js357
Some of those nouns imply a power imbalance, which some say is the real issue. I think “asymmetric power” is a better starting point for exploration of the issues. In cases where the victim is not drugged, asleep or is otherwise not physically compelled or threatened, there is a trade off of power. In some cases we must acknowledge there is willing cooperati ...[text shortened]... ing up as a society or at least have the opportunity to do so. With this comes dis-illusionment.
There will inevitably be a change in structure and culture, it's a phenomenon.

Moves
01 Dec 17

There will inevitably be a change in structure and culture, it's a phenomenon.
Words come and go just like fads and we humans.

Gothenburg

Moves
01 Dec 17

Words come and go just like fads and we humans.
I'm not sure we talk about the same thing. In that case I have probably misunderstood.

Moves
02 Dec 17

I'm not sure we talk about the same thing. In that case I have probably misunderstood.
No, I think it was me. See, I am a gentleman and admit when I am wrong most especially to the "fairer sex". Gee, I hope that's not being sexist. Is it? If so, sorry.πŸ˜³πŸ˜€

Gothenburg

Moves
02 Dec 17

No, I think it was me. See, I am a gentleman and admit when I am wrong most especially to the "fairer sex". Gee, I hope that's not being sexist. Is it? If so, sorry.πŸ˜³πŸ˜€
A gentleman, I think we all agree on that.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Dec 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
BORING....
No, or you wouldn't have responded.

I had read that 'ladies and gentlemen' isn't appropriate anymore, hence this thread. I wonder - are there any differences between male and female which should be appropriate to celebrate? Let it out, suzianne. What's so great about being female.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Dec 17

A gentleman, I think we all agree on that.
Well, probably a man, anywayπŸ™‚