1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    27 Nov '17 17:241 edit
    I mean people, listeners, clients, subjects, attendees, or some other non-sexual reference to your non-sexual nature right here right now!

    That's all I got. Avoid eye contact, shuffle away, c'mon.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    95037
    27 Nov '17 17:27
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I mean people, listeners, clients, subjects, attendees, or some other non-sexual reference to your non-sexual nature right here right now!

    That's all I got. Avoid eye contact, shuffle away, c'mon.
    I take exception to your "non-sexual" references to the sexes.πŸ˜ πŸ™„
  3. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    9804
    27 Nov '17 18:34
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I take exception to your "non-sexual" references to the sexes.πŸ˜ πŸ™„
    metoo
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2094
    27 Nov '17 18:43
    Originally posted by @torunn
    metoo
    We three.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    29 Nov '17 18:13
    Three men who don't want to be neutered. What are the odds?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52695
    29 Nov '17 18:47
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Three men who don't want to be neutered. What are the odds?
    You don't know it but you already have been.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35637
    01 Dec '17 11:23
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Three men who don't want to be neutered. What are the odds?
    BORING.

    "There are no women on the internet."

    Okay, right... Been there, heard that... too many times.

    What ELSE ya got?

    Come on, speak up, be a "man"...
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    01 Dec '17 11:572 edits
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I mean people, listeners, clients, subjects, attendees, or some other non-sexual reference to your non-sexual nature right here right now!

    That's all I got. Avoid eye contact, shuffle away, c'mon.
    Some of those nouns imply a power imbalance, which some say is the real issue. I think “asymmetric power” is a better starting point for exploration of the issues. In cases where the victim is not drugged, asleep or is otherwise not physically compelled or threatened, there is a trade off of power. In some cases we must acknowledge there is willing cooperation, which still implies a debasement.

    It doesn’t work without secrecy.

    The men in this matter have relied on secrecy - at least “open secrecy” where those within the particular institution know it’s gouge on, and the general public is duped. The women, in most cases the victims are women, know that other women have bought into keeping the open secret for the sake of their careers.

    That seems to be ending. In a way, we are growing up as a society or at least have the opportunity to do so. With this comes dis-illusionment.
  9. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    9804
    01 Dec '17 12:23
    Originally posted by @js357
    Some of those nouns imply a power imbalance, which some say is the real issue. I think “asymmetric power” is a better starting point for exploration of the issues. In cases where the victim is not drugged, asleep or is otherwise not physically compelled or threatened, there is a trade off of power. In some cases we must acknowledge there is willing cooperati ...[text shortened]... ing up as a society or at least have the opportunity to do so. With this comes dis-illusionment.
    There will inevitably be a change in structure and culture, it's a phenomenon.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    95037
    01 Dec '17 14:24
    Originally posted by @torunn
    There will inevitably be a change in structure and culture, it's a phenomenon.
    Words come and go just like fads and we humans.
  11. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    9804
    01 Dec '17 15:16
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Words come and go just like fads and we humans.
    I'm not sure we talk about the same thing. In that case I have probably misunderstood.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    95037
    02 Dec '17 15:49
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I'm not sure we talk about the same thing. In that case I have probably misunderstood.
    No, I think it was me. See, I am a gentleman and admit when I am wrong most especially to the "fairer sex". Gee, I hope that's not being sexist. Is it? If so, sorry.πŸ˜³πŸ˜€
  13. Gothenburg
    Joined
    11 Mar '16
    Moves
    9804
    02 Dec '17 15:51
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    No, I think it was me. See, I am a gentleman and admit when I am wrong most especially to the "fairer sex". Gee, I hope that's not being sexist. Is it? If so, sorry.πŸ˜³πŸ˜€
    A gentleman, I think we all agree on that.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    06 Dec '17 17:10
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    BORING....
    No, or you wouldn't have responded.

    I had read that 'ladies and gentlemen' isn't appropriate anymore, hence this thread. I wonder - are there any differences between male and female which should be appropriate to celebrate? Let it out, suzianne. What's so great about being female.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52695
    06 Dec '17 17:54
    Originally posted by @torunn
    A gentleman, I think we all agree on that.
    Well, probably a man, anywayπŸ™‚
Back to Top