1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 14:06
    @very-rusty said
    And I thought I was small business!! πŸ˜‰

You had a one man show going on with no employees...less stress though in many ways.

-VR
    Suffice to say the stresses were there but stress can be a very motivating factor. In the beginning there certainly was stress but as one progressed that stress did vanish, for the most part.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 14:10
    @great-big-stees said
    Suffice to say the stresses were there but stress can be a very motivating factor. In the beginning there certainly was stress but as one progressed that stress did vanish, for the most part.
    The stress could have been there and you just didn't feel it, so the Doctors tell me! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 14:31
    @very-rusty said
    The stress could have been there and you just didn't feel it, so the Doctors tell me! πŸ˜‰

-VR
    how may doctors do you have?
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 15:06
    @lemondrop said
    how may doctors do you have?
    More than you.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 16:11
    @Great-Big-Stees

What is it you do for a living? I was always scared to do the self employ thing.
    I could do an independent contractor thing, if I actually had some business sense but that eludes me. I would rather be making up tunes on acoustic instruments and posting to Soundcloud, kind of my hobby now, but have 120 tracks there now.
    But I also have my ham radio stuff. And astronomy and my studies of gravitational radiation and gravitational focus of radiation. I sunk a good bit of time into that one. All outside my cleanroom work on ion implanters, sputtering tools, ion etchers, roughing pumps, cryopumps, electron microscopes and the like.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 18:31
    @very-rusty said
    And as always very modest! πŸ˜›

-VR
    Truth doesn't insist upon modesty.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 22:36
    @sonhouse

"Only 30 dollars an hour" -- more than I ever made!

Congrats on the rehire, and especially on your longevity and fitness. πŸ™‚
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Nov '19 22:37
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Truth doesn't insist upon modesty.
    Truth is a wayward swan nipping at the punters.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 01:40
    @Hand-of-Hecate
    Sounds like we won't be swapping Christmas cards........
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 02:27
    @Torunn
    I like the sine of the times. Well past 360 degreesπŸ™‚
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 03:26
    @sonhouse said
    @Hand-of-Hecate
    Sounds like we won't be swapping Christmas cards........
    I’ll send you one if you like.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 13:57
    @sonhouse said
    @Great-Big-Stees

What is it you do for a living? I was always scared to do the self employ thing.
    I could do an independent contractor thing, if I actually had some business sense but that eludes me. I would rather be making up tunes on acoustic instruments and posting to Soundcloud, kind of my hobby now, but have 120 tracks there now.
    But I also have my ham radio stuff ...[text shortened]... anters, sputtering tools, ion etchers, roughing pumps, cryopumps, electron microscopes and the like.
    I am retired (almost 8 years now) but I was a sales agent for "a few" companies dealing in wood products and was, for a while importing some "swamp woods" from South America and Malaysia.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 14:401 edit
    @Great-Big-Stees
    A wood guy. Ok. I have a question about a wood used for guitars now not available.
    Brazilian rosewood. Martin guitars, my so far favorite guitar company, used to make them with BR on backs and sides. Made great sounding guitars.
    So now the only BR available seems to be old stock. Any idea about the legality of BR now? Or other rosewoods that could match BR for instruments?
    Also, what is 'swamp wood'? Mangrove?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 18:011 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Great-Big-Stees
    A wood guy. Ok. I have a question about a wood used for guitars now not available.
    Brazilian rosewood. Martin guitars, my so far favorite guitar company, used to make them with BR on backs and sides. Made great sounding guitars.
    So now the only BR available seems to be old stock. Any idea about the legality of BR now? Or other rosewoods that could match BR for instruments?
    Also, what is 'swamp wood'? Mangrove?
    A tree killer/carbon emission promoter, eh?

For shame!

You may as well hop in your massive SUV and go buy a nice juicy carbon emission producing steak to eat next.

Disgusting!
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Nov '19 19:15
    @caesar-salad said
    Truth is a wayward swan nipping at the punters.
    . . . who’ve gotten their poles stuck in the mud on the bottom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree