1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 May '14 11:10
    The last thread created by Phlabibit has died now.

Only the odd remark will serve as a reminder to a once quite active forum activist.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 May '14 16:20
    Originally posted by Ponderable

Only the odd remark will serve as a reminder to a once quite active forum activist.
    I can still hear the echos pinging out the words?

~HI GAZ~
    ~wrong~
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 16:39

Well, he last moved 14 months ago so I guess he has gone to the great chess board in the sky.
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 May '14 16:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, he last moved 14 months ago so I guess he has gone to the great chess board in the sky.
    I never knew he played chess. 😲
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 16:57
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I never knew he played chess. 😲
    His rating back then was 1425 or so:

Phlabibitwww.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=36255

He played a few hundred games here.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 May '14 17:41
    His rating back then was 1425 or so:

Phlabibitwww.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=36255

He played a few hundred games here.
    That's actually not too bad. But not good enough for a chess moderator IMO. Anyway take the mod switch out of his hands and he was a pretty fun guy. I actually miss the guy somedays. :'(
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 May '14 17:58
    And his last seven games died of the online correspondence chess disease commonly known as timeoutitis late April 2013.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '14 21:13
    I happen to know that the poster formerly known as Phlabibit changed his nick after becoming homosexual and reinventing his flagging career to become an agony aunt in a magazine called "no one loves a fairy when you're forty".
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 May '14 17:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I happen to know that the poster formerly known as Phlabibit changed his nick after becoming homosexual and reinventing his flagging career to become an agony aunt in a magazine called "no one loves a fairy when you're forty".
    "I'm sick of getting over-moderated. I've obviously extended myself too much in this place and I am being targeted which I suppose is not surprising. I don't want to give anyone a hard time or poison the place with [unwelcome] humour and opinions." Quote Phlabibit

karma bit phlababit
    Looks like when the shoe was on the other foot he and his former goon squad fled.
    I've heard that the best way to deal with bullies is to punch them in the nose. Looks like truth to me.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '14 20:46
    "I'm sick of getting over-moderated. I've obviously extended myself too much in this place and I am being targeted which I suppose is not surprising. I don't want to give anyone a hard time or poison the place with [unwelcome] humour and opinions." Quote Phlabibit

karma bit phlababit
    Looks like when the shoe was on the other foot he and his former ...[text shortened]... ard that the best way to deal with bullies is to punch them in the nose. Looks like truth to me.
    I think you'll find that's a darvlay quote, taken from one of his drama-exits.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 May '14 21:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think you'll find that's a darvlay quote, taken from one of his drama-exits.
    Darn foiled again. I venture to guess it was only a scalp Phlabibit was dangling in public display then.

It does sound like a Davley quote now that you mention it. Hope Darvley confirms. Back to search for more clues. Where oh where has my old buddy Phlabibit gone oh where oh where can he be...
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jun '14 20:51
    Darn foiled again. I venture to guess it was only a scalp Phlabibit was dangling in public display then.

It does sound like a Davley quote now that you mention it. Hope Darvley confirms. Back to search for more clues. Where oh where has my old buddy Phlabibit gone oh where oh where can he be...
    Bumped for Phlabibit and cashthetrash........
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Jun '14 21:12

Phil is gone, but the trash remains.
  14. In your face
    Moves
    02 Jun '14 21:52
    That's actually not too bad. But not good enough for a chess moderator IMO. Anyway take the mod switch out of his hands and he was a pretty fun guy. I actually miss the guy somedays. :'(
    I don't recall him modding chess, just the forums. Not sure how much chess experience you need to mod a forum?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '14 21:53

Good riddance!~

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree