1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 20:32
    My childhood was a lie. Despite the evidence displayed in the 1958 Disney orchestrated documentary “White Wilderness”, lemmings do not commit mass suicide. What other lies has The Mouse told us?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 20:41
    @hand-of-hecate said
    My childhood was a lie. Despite the evidence displayed in the 1958 Disney orchestrated documentary “White Wilderness”, lemmings do not commit mass suicide. What other lies has The Mouse told us?
    No wonder you're so messed up!!! 😛 😉

-VR
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 02:07
    @hand-of-hecate said
    More on the Disney lemming sham from Wikipedia:

"Perhaps the most influential and, for the lemmings involved, tragic presentation of the myth was the 1958 Disney film White Wilderness, which won an Academy Award for Documentary Feature and in which producers threw lemmings off a cliff to their deaths to fake footage of a 'mass suicide,' as well as faked scenes of mass migration. A Canadian Broadcasting Corporation documentary, Cruel Camera, found the lemmings used for White Wilderness were flown from Hudson Bay to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where far from 'casting themselves bodily out into space' (as the film's narrator states), they were, in fact, dumped off the cliff by the camera crew from a truck. Because of the limited number of lemmings at their disposal, which in any case were the wrong sub-species, the migration scenes were simulated using tight camera angles and a large, snow-covered turntable."
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 06:47
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Spaghetti growing on trees.

Grrrr.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 13:421 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Spaghetti growing on trees.

Grrrr.
    Are you sure spaghetti doesn't grow on trees? 😉 😛

-VR
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 14:171 edit
    @handyandy said
    More on the Disney lemming sham from Wikipedia:

"Perhaps the most influential and, for the lemmings involved, tragic presentation of the myth was the 1958 Disney film White Wilderness, which won an Academy Award for Documentary Feature and in which producers threw lemmings off a cliff to their deaths to fake footage of a 'mass suicide,' as well as faked scenes of mass mi ...[text shortened]... the migration scenes were simulated using tight camera angles and a large, snow-covered turntable."
    That’s horrible!

And worse still, only just realised they look like cute little guinea pigs. 😢
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jun '19 14:20
    @drewnogal said
    That’s horrible!
    Which part? Oh you probably mean all of it.

-VR
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 10:03
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Nothing but lies, I am afraid.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 10:04
    @kegge said
    Nothing but lies, I am afraid.
    LOL....I believe HOH was making a joke!

-VR
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 11:51
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Well for starters mice don't talk...OK maybe they talk, but not in a language, at least, I can understand. What nonsense...talking animals indeed.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:04
    @great-big-stees said
    Well for starters mice don't talk...OK maybe they talk, but not in a language, at least, I can understand. What nonsense...talking animals indeed.
    The children love talking animals. Walt Disney didn't become a multi-billionaire for nothing you know!!! 😉

-VR
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:05
    @hand-of-hecate said
    I've heard for many years that Walt's head is cryogenically preserved and stored below Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World.

That's a lie.

It's actually below Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland in Anaheim. 🤔
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:08
    @wolfe63 said
    I've heard for many years that Walt's head is cryogenically preserved and stored below Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World.

That's a lie.

It's actually below Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland in Anaheim. 🤔
    Both lies, sitting on my desk preserved head in a jar. Keep quiet about that one. 😉

-VR
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:24
    @very-rusty said
    Both lies, sitting on my desk preserved head in a jar. Keep quiet about that one. 😉

-VR
    Your Dutch-buddy?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 12:321 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Your Dutch-buddy?
    I have a Dutch-buddy?

Your not talking about my long time childhood friend I hope!!! 😠

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree