Light is amazing ~ some factoids

Light is amazing ~ some factoids

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
40d

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
40d

Bah, double post.

Moves
40d

@suzianne said
That word 'assumed' leads to all kinds of bad decisions.
Only if one acts on the wrong assumptions can bad things occur. We are allowed to safely assume without any bad effects. As they say, only fools rush in. Assumptions are necessary when there is doubt involved.

The light of Cristian faith is an assumption. But whether it leads into bad decisions is all based on Acts.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
40d

@pettytalk said
You got to be kidding! Do you want me to link my brain on the screen? It's satire.

Being dyslectic is the least of your problems.
It was satire? Who posts satire as if it were fact?

Oh, wait, I remember a certain twin who usually did that. At least he called it satire if busted on it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
40d

@pettytalk said
Only if one acts on the wrong assumptions can bad things occur. We are allowed to safely assume without any bad effects. As they say, only fools rush in. Assumptions are necessary when there is doubt involved.

The light of Cristian faith is an assumption. But whether it leads into bad decisions is all based on Acts.
It's not faith that leads to bad decisions. That happens when you change your faith target to yourself.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@suzianne said

Oh, wait, I remember a certain twin who usually did that. At least he called it satire if busted on it.
LOL

-VR

Moves
40d

@suzianne said

Besides Dive, did you really consider it as fact? All these discussions about traveling onboard cars and trains at the speed of light are based on facts?

Hell, I don't even consider Einstein's space gravitational warping theory as fact. The fabric of space, as empty as it is, cannot be stretched nor compressed by objects with mass. Just because someone refers to space as being a fabric, there is no tailor, nor a seamstress, on Earth which can make any clothes for me to wear from this empty space of ours. Einstein's space is just an empty receptacle to put theories into. Unless there are some strings and some needles for the fabric of space to be weaved with, I find Einstein's theory of relativity unrelated to reality, relatively.

String theories? Multiverse? Infinite universes with every possible combination possible?

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
LOL

-VR

Moves
40d

@the-gravedigger said
My post on page 1:

A few years ago Stamford University slowed light down to 27mph.
Then Harvard slowed light down to zero.
Were those speedometers calibrated?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@pettytalk said
I am sure I did it. πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
I am sure I did it. πŸ™‚

-VR
Do you have a written record of the calibration?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
39d

@pettytalk said
No, so it might have been 28mph real world. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
39d

@pettytalk said
Besides Dive, did you really consider it as fact? All these discussions about traveling onboard cars and trains at the speed of light are based on facts?

Hell, I don't even consider Einstein's space gravitational warping theory as fact. The fabric of space, as empty as it is, cannot be stretched nor compressed by objects with mass. Just because someone refers to space as ...[text shortened]... tively.

String theories? Multiverse? Infinite universes with every possible combination possible?
Or you could just leave the science conversations to the adults.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
39d

@pettytalk said
Do you have a written record of the calibration?
Are you @divegeester?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
39d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
No, so it might have been 28mph real world. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
the speedo was clocked,I know a dealer in grangetown that will zero it for 50 quid.on a more serious note I have worked a few times over the last 25 years in the underground facility in Boulby mine near whitby ,they have been trying to isolate dark mater or WIMPS earlier it was the quark,to my knowledge even though it thought to be a perfect place approx 1.2 miles underground with 0 background radiation they have not had so much as a ping or a bleep.what a liberty.