Like and Dislike about my country

Like and Dislike about my country

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13

USA:

Dislikes: Kool Aid Mentality of the fringe.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
USA:

Dislikes: Kool Aid Mentality of the fringe.
wut? Salt of what?

wikipedia:

The inner core of the Earth, its innermost part, is a primarily solid ball with a radius of about 1,220 km (760 mi), according to seismological studies.[1][2] (This is about 70% of the length of the Moon's radius.) It is believed to consist primarily of an iron–nickel alloy, and to be about the same temperature as the surface of the Sun: approximately 5700 K (5430 °C).

so wher's the salt, and why is it the us?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
wut? Salt of what?

wikipedia:

The inner core of the Earth, its innermost part, is a primarily solid ball with a radius of about 1,220 km (760 mi), according to seismological studies.[1][2] (This is about 70% of the length of the Moon's radius.) It is believed to consist primarily of an iron–nickel alloy, and to be about the same temperature as ...[text shortened]... ce of the Sun: approximately 5700 K (5430 °C).

so wher's the salt, and why is it the us?
Seems your depth of specialized knowledge in all things scientific may have caused temporary blindness. Reference to the metaphor that occurs in the Sermon on the Mount, as part of a discourse on Salt and Light, notes appreciation of the hard working and humble in the fields and on main street that the United States of America owes so much. Sorry for the confusion. That's the last thing we we in the GF.

Read a book!

Moves
23 Jan 13

That's the last thing we we in the GF.
But of course, monsieur.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
But of course, monsieur.
That's the last thing we [need] in the GF.

Moves
23 Jan 13

Note the amount of Americans who used 'freedom' in their like... that's a nice little piece of successful propaganda by the US government.

Z

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by Trev33
Note the amount of Americans who used 'freedom' in their like... that's a nice little piece of successful propaganda by the US government.
You're just jealous you'll never in your life be as free as your average American let alone your below average American (prisoner, marginalized persons, families and persons in poverty and oppressive debt, etc). They are soaked in freedom. It is dripping out of every orifice in their bodies. The rest of us will never know what it's like to be as free as an American. They have it all and then some. Yes sir.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
23 Jan 13

Seems your depth of specialized knowledge in all things scientific may have caused temporary blindness. Reference to the metaphor that occurs in the Sermon on the Mount, as part of a discourse on Salt and Light, notes appreciation of the hard working and humble in the fields and on main street that the United States of America owes so much. Sorry for the confusion. That's the last thing we we in the GF.
where does the nucleus come into play?

In fact I know the sermon of the Mount, and am ashamed to have missed the bit, where the Salt is reffered to as a US speciality...

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
One of the worst accents ever.

We in the Republic call those in the 6 British counties of Ulster

NORDIES.

It is not used as a term of endearment.
You don't speck for all of the Republic.

Read a book!

Moves
23 Jan 13

Kool Aid Mentality of the fringe
Pastor Thieme?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jan 13

where does the nucleus come into play?

In fact I know the sermon of the Mount, and am ashamed to have missed the bit, where the Salt is reffered to as a US speciality...
Center, nexus, pivot:

http://www.interglot.com/dictionary/en/en/translate/nucleus

Salt (of the earth) is never "reffered to as a US speciality".

Read a book!

Moves
23 Jan 13

Salt (of the earth) is never "reffered to as a US speciality".
Rubbing salt in the wound, Bobby?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
23 Jan 13

So GB read the first post on the page

you like the salt of the earth nucleus.

I understand Salt of the earth
I understand nucleus
I understand earth nucleus

I don't undersatnd what you actually like here...🙁

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jan 13

So GB read the first post on the page

you like the salt of the earth nucleus.

I understand Salt of the earth
I understand nucleus
I understand earth nucleus

I don't undersatnd what you actually like here...🙁
"... notes appreciation of the hard working and humble in the fields and on main street that the United States of America owes so much.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
24 Jan 13

New Zealand (not my country, but near enough)

Like: Peaceful, beautiful, suitable for any lifestyle except perhaps the sunbathers' culture, great white wines
Dislike: Those horrible vowels, can't buy pre-sliced cheese. (Couldn't believe that, NZ Mainland cheese is exported to Tasmania where they pre-slice it for the Australian market, but the people who live in the country where it's made can't buy the pre-sliced packs!)