Like and Dislike about my country

Like and Dislike about my country

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jan 13

Ok, Leave the Germans alone! 😠

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
18 Jan 13
3 edits

USA

Like: You can enjoy any kind of lifestyle you please.. from snow skiing to dancing all night at freaky bars... from getting lost in the secluded, lush wilderness, to hanging out in an internet cafe atop a skyscraper.

Dislike: The Marxist, fanatic Left Wing (and mainstream media) is in spike-the-football, rub-it-in-everone-else's-face mode, cheering on our re-elected President as he usurps the legislative process and writes up dozens of executive orders to do whatever he wants. The country was designed so that we have 3 *co-equal* branches of government. Our current President instead thinks himself a Monarch.. a King... and just writes stuff into law without the slightest concern for whether the people support it or not. The mainstream media, who supports our President ideologically, covers his tracks with selective reporting and broadcasts propaganda and lies to keep the populace misinformed and unaware. Our country is in MAJOR decline.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by sumydid
USA

Like: You can enjoy any kind of lifestyle you please.. from snow skiing to dancing all night at freaky bars... from getting lost in the secluded, lush wilderness, to hanging out in an internet cafe atop a skyscraper.

Dislike: The Marxist, fanatic Left Wing (and mainstream media) is in spike-the-football, rub-it-in-everone-else's-face mode, cheeri ...[text shortened]... aganda and lies to keep the populace misinformed and unaware. Our country is in MAJOR decline.
Velocity of the change, far greater than any know.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
18 Jan 13
2 edits

USA

Dislike: The Marxist, fanatic Left Wing (and mainstream media) is in spike-the-football, rub-it-in-everone-else's-face mode, cheering on our re-elected President as he usurps the legislative process [b]and writes up dozens of executive orders
to do whatever he wants.
[/b]Herbert Hoover ...... 968 ... 5075 - 6070
Franklin D. Roosevelt 3,522 ... 6071 - 9537
Harry S. Truman ..... ..... 907 ... 9538 - 10431
Dwight D. Eisenhower 484 ... 10432 to 10913
John F. Kennedy ..... 214 ... 10914 - 11127
Lyndon B. Johnson ..... 325 ... 11128 - 11451
Richard Nixon .... 346 ... 11452 - 11797
Gerald R. Ford .... 169 ... 11798 - 11966
Jimmy Carter ....... 320 ... 11967 - 12286
Ronald Reagan ...... 381 ... 12287 to 12667
George Bush ........ 166 ... 12668 to 12833
William J. Clinton ..... 364 ... 12834 - 13197
George W. Bush ..... 291 ... 13198 - 13488
Barack Obama ....... 144 ... 13489 - 13632...

Of course, if he runs a little faster, he may catch up to GWB, but he's not in the race with WJC and RR or even JC. Please pardon my ignorance, but isn't GWB a Republican?

{sorry about the edits. This website is cranky when it comes to column display}

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jan 13

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” (Mark Twain)

F

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Of course, if he runs a little faster, he may catch up to GWB, but he's not in the race with WJC and RR or even JC. Please pardon my ignorance, but isn't GWB a Republican?
Let the poster who said this...

The Marxist, fanatic Left Wing (and mainstream media) is in spike-the-football, rub-it-in-everone-else's-face mode, cheering on our re-elected President as he usurps the legislative process and writes up dozens of executive orders to do whatever he wants. The country was designed so that we have 3 *co-equal* branches of government. Our current President instead thinks himself a Monarch.. a King... and just writes stuff into law without the slightest concern for whether the people support it or not. The mainstream media, who supports our President ideologically, covers his tracks with selective reporting and broadcasts propaganda and lies to keep the populace misinformed and unaware. Our country is in MAJOR decline.

...come up with a definition of "tyranny" and then let him have automatic weapons which he can turn on public employees and elected officials when he personally reckons his definition of government "tyranny" has been met! 😵😵😵

Read a book!

Moves
18 Jan 13

The Marxist, fanatic Left Wing (and mainstream media) is in spike-the-football, rub-it-in-everone-else's-face mode...
You're something of a Marxist yourself.. a Harpo Marxist.

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You're something of a Marxist yourself.. a Harpo Marxist.
Honk, honk.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Don't tell the Germans.

There is a standing joke here and in Britain also
that when you go on holiday, the Germans get up at the
crack of dawn and they get all the best places by the hotel pool
and on the beaches.

Does that joke translate to other parts of the world as well?
A colleague came back from holiday last year bragging about how He used to go down to the Hotel pool at 04:00 am and take the Germans towels off the sunbeds and fling them in the pool.

I believe Him, He is an annoying urine taker all year round.

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by kevcvs57
A colleague came back from holiday last year bragging about how He used to go down to the Hotel pool at 04:00 am and take the Germans towels off the sunbeds and fling them in the pool.

I believe Him, He is an annoying urine taker all year round.
The poor poolboy will have had to replace the skimmer motor I'm sure and why? Because of your annoying urine taker "friend?/colleague". 🙁

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
18 Jan 13

Likes: Movies, the freedom to play chess online, and american football.

Dislikes: The economy and taxes.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
18 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
The poor poolboy will have had to replace the skimmer motor I'm sure and why? Because of your annoying urine taker "friend?/colleague". 🙁
In an economic downturn we need to keep the skimmer motor factories open at all cost's, every clown has a silver lining.🙂

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Jan 13

Germany

like: order
dislike: too much of it

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by Ponderable
Germany

Orders which must be obeyed at all times.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
19 Jan 13

Originally posted by Ponderable
Germany

Back in 1985 (last time I went anywhere) Germany was a great place to visit. Everything worked - heating, bathroom fixtures, the lot - and nothing was missing, everyone was polite to tourists, nothing was "closed for renovations" in the tourist season, and those trains were just wonderful. Order is good, even if irksome occasionally. 🙂