1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '16 01:37
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The number required which is equivalent to the ignorance today.
    You're dodging the question. Is the "exceedingly small number of people" you claim it needs to keep your flat earth theory secret dozens of people? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of millions? How many people do you think "know" the earth is flat?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '16 01:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're dodging the question. Is the "exceedingly small number of people" you claim it needs to keep your flat earth theory secret dozens of people? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of millions? How many people do you think "know" the earth is flat?
    I'll answer yours when you answer mine.
    How many people does it require to perpetrate the conspiracy of ethnic profiling?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '16 01:54
    I'll answer yours when you answer mine.
    How many people does it require to perpetrate the conspiracy of ethnic profiling?
    You've missed my point. If a problem like ethnic bias in law enforcement and punishment is so obviously systemic, so pervasive, and so deeply ingrained, it's neither here nor there how extensive or localized the various component conspiracies are. The result is the same.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '16 01:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    You've missed my point. If a problem like ethnic bias in law enforcement and punishment is so obviously systemic, so pervasive, and so deeply ingrained, it's neither here nor there how extensive or localized the various component conspiracies are. The result is the same.
    Define "obvious," will you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '16 02:081 edit
    Define "obvious," will you?
    No, I'm not going to go into it in detail. I am of the view that there is a systemic problem with crime and punishment on this issue in the U.S. and in many other countries including the one where I live.

There is plenty of debate on it out there. You must be aware of it and of the evidence that is presented on both sides of it. People disagree about it - that I acknowledge. But I am not going to debate it with you. If you disagree with my view that it's obvious in this case, that's fine. I am aware of the arguments.

What I am sure we can agree on, though, is that if a problem like this is systemic and deeply ingrained, then it scarcely matters to what extent conspiracies are involved.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '16 02:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I'm not going to go into it in detail. I am of the view that there is a systemic problem with crime and punishment on this issue in the U.S. and in many other countries including the one where I live.

There is plenty of debate on it out there. You must be aware of it and of the evidence that is presented on both sides of it. People disagree about it - th ...[text shortened]... ystemic and deeply ingrained, then it scarcely matters to what extent conspiracies are involved.
    That is an incredible amount of words spent on the singular intention of using the word "systemic" in a sentence.
    Bravo.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '16 02:20
    That is an incredible amount of words spent on the singular intention of using the word "systemic" in a sentence.
    Bravo.
    I could give you links to arguments on either side of the long standing debate about this issue in the U.S. and tell you which side of the debate I see myself on, but I'm not even going to do that. 😉
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '16 11:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    http://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Imprimis_April16.pdf

If you really want to know the truth.
    Apparently nobody does.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '16 23:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    I could give you links to arguments on either side of the long standing debate about this issue in the U.S. and tell you which side of the debate I see myself on, but I'm not even going to do that. 😉
    I find the assertion "it's about ethnicity and/or fear" somewhat specious and also naïve.
    For my perspective (which is informed with multiple dealings with the courts on both personal and professional fronts over the last three decades), the conversation begins and ends with the purpose of the court.
    The assumption that puts the court in the position of administer of justice is the naïve position.
    In nearly all situations, the court is not concerned with justice, even as a byproduct.
    This is a money generating proposition from the lowest to the highest court, and without exception.
    Even at the Supreme Court level where the decisions typically smell miles removed from direct contact with the hoi pollio, the theatre serves to offer legitimacy to both itself and the money makers, the lower courts.
    Black, in the mind of the court (as well as all other ethnicities and skin colors with equally impoverished members), merely appears as opportunity.
    Those in robes thumb their nose at the rows and rows of below-average-joes.
    They pick on folks who can't fight back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree