Loss.

Loss.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
HAI GUYZ!

LOLOLO!~

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
HAI GUYZ!

LOLOLO!~
Yo Phlab. Whas'up ?

M-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by skeeter
Yo Phlab. Whas'up ?

M-
Just searching around for a new car... mine ExPlOdEd!~

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

Just searching around for a new car... mine ExPlOdEd!~
Serious ? You got to remember to put the oil in from time to time.

skeets

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 10

Serious ? You got to remember to put the oil in from time to time.

skeets
I did... it poured out a cup of oil every time I started it and I'd pour it right back in. I'm not stupied.

P-

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

I did... it poured out a cup of oil every time I started it and I'd pour it right back in. I'm not stupied.

P-
< deep sigh> You really don't deserve a car Phlab. What was it anyway ??

skeets

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 10
1 edit

< deep sigh> You really don't deserve a car Phlab. What was it anyway ??

skeets
End of the line for that car... there was no way it would pass another inspection, and I'd put enough money into it already. I certainly wasn't going to burden anyone by selling it 'as is' since they'd spend a ton of cash and still it probably wouldn't pass.

The rear door latch was locked, if you can't open the door it will not pass.
The gas tank straps were rusting.
The side-board area in the rear rusted, it even bent when I jacked it up to change brakes.

The car was my uncle's, he lived right next to a dock. The car took 7 years of salt air.

So while money was put aside for the new car, I put my kick-scooter in the back seat waiting for the fateful day it died. It did me justice having pulled out of one gas station and coasting to the next when it died.

P-

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

End of the line for that car... there was no way it would pass another inspection, and I'd put enough money into it already. I certainly wasn't going to burden anyone by selling it 'as is' since they'd spend a ton of cash and still it probably wouldn't pass.

The rear door latch was locked, if you can't open the door it will not pass.
The gas tank stra ...[text shortened]... ustice having pulled out of one gas station and coasting to the next when it died.

P-
Replacement ? Gonna go European perhaps ?

skeets

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
16 Aug 10

skeets
we've owned a few European cars and found them no more reliable than Japanese cars, but with the added "bonus" of being very expensive to operate and repair.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
we've owned a few European cars and found them no more reliable than Japanese cars, but with the added "bonus" of being very expensive to operate and repair.
No arguement there. I've had a GTS4, Carrera and now a GT Cup. Hubs still peserveres with the Audi's - an RS6 is the toy at the moment - I don't even look at the service invoices now. Jesus wept.

skeets

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 10

skeets
I'll get my 2005 Pontiac Sunfire back. The wife will get a crossover/SUV of sorts for transporting the two kids.

It's a win-win situation. I never trusted the Ford Contour with kids in it, too many issues with brakes, and not being able to open the door. It should have been inspected in January, so every time I drove by a cop I'd smile and wave like I knew them to keep them distracted from looking at my inspection sticker.

I'm pretty excited about the new vehicle also, my son loves riding in gram's Jeep Compass as well as my father's Buick.

We'll get a Mazda 2 or Kia Rio5 or Rondo... perhaps a Hyundai Elantra Touring.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Aug 10

No arguement there. I've had a GTS4, Carrera and now a GT Cup. Hubs still peserveres with the Audi's - an RS6 is the toy at the moment - I don't even look at the service invoices now. Jesus wept.

skeets
Why do the English drink their beer warm?

Lucas wiring in the refrigerators.

P-

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

Why do the English drink their beer warm?

Lucas wiring in the refrigerators.

P-
The English are able to drink their beer ' tap temperature' because it's really that good. Other nations chill their beer so we can't taste how bad it is.

Regarding the Lucas wiring and having had my XK 'off chassis' restored who other than you would know better ??

skeets

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
16 Aug 10

skeets
our Audi A6 avanti was great except we blew like 7 or 8 tires, and the 100,000 mile service was due and that was expensive so we traded it.

The Volvo is a piece of crap. I hate it.😠

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Aug 10

The English are able to drink their beer ' tap temperature' because it's really that good. Other nations chill their beer so we can't taste how bad it is.
This is exactly correct, try leaving a Bud on the mantle over night and supping it back first thing - NOT recc'd.