1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 01:23
    I overslept news of this attack since I worked at my PC all night, and in order to get myself into sleep I watched one and a half episode of "Murder She Wrote".
    When I got up it was 18:00, and I had no idea of what happened, because I simply refuse to watch the news compulsively. I rushed to the theater to see if there is any gallery ticket for a play I saw dozen times, and which has been on repertoire since 1994. (*same line-up).

Only after midnight I saw the reports.

And as always something other might consider trivial caught my attention.

I remembered that tall guy in blue uniform, like US Marshal from movies, as he instructed passengers - Luggage stays here!

I imagined myself there refusing to obey the order. Selfish as I am.
    In the next scene I saw several passengers with their cute suitcases marked with colourful scarves (*as not to be lost or/and to be spotted easy on the belt), and I felt, I knew - the suitcase would have been my only hope and support in this situation (*provided I had survived): me alone at foreign airport, desperate, out of schedule, late and half-deaf (*partly from yesterday night's rock gig, partly from the blast), and then I am asked to leave my luggage, my talisman-underpants, talisman-socks, my favourite toilet bag ... I would probably have had only little suitcase as hand luggage, so I would be having also netbook in there, and if I had worn spring leather jacket I wouldn't have space in it for passport, so I would have passport in the suitcase also.

No, I would not have separated me from suitcase!

As I would refuse to take Nike shoes off in the plane, I don't want to catch a cold in my socks only in the wet foam around plane wreck...

And then those experts for terrorism in TV studios.
    Must they all look like joke from cartoons?
    Where do they buy their suits? In special boutiques for jerks?
    What does it make someone an expert for terrorism?
    Cynicism, sowing fear, mocking ordinary citizens...?
    Ability to bul.sheet in every situation?
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 01:30
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I overslept news of this attack since I worked at my PC all night, and in order to get myself into sleep I watched one and a half episode of "Murder She Wrote".
    When I got up it was 18:00, and I had no idea of what happened, because I simply refuse to watch the news compulsively. I rushed to the theater to see if there is any gallery ticket for a play ...[text shortened]...
    Cynicism, sowing fear, mocking ordinary citizens...?
    Ability to bul.sheet in every situation?
    Peace is preferable, isn't it?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 23:01
    "No, I would not have separated me from suitcase! "

On the one hand, one can admire your imperviousness to the terrorist agenda, your resolute refusal to be cowed by intimidation into altering your normal preferences.

On the other hand, your refusal to cooperate with local authorities, who, we must assume, had more adequate knowledge of the clear and present danger than you, may ultimately lead to the removal of your genes from the pool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree