1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 13:22
    @eladar said
    Since you are a typical bozo too, I can see why you do not like it being called out.

Once a person has been given a chance to answer a question, but the person side steps the question to argue something else, the person is a bozo.

If the person is not a bozo, the person will simply not respond to the question at all.

But being a bozo is so much more self entertaining.
    Can you explain what a typical Bozo would be in your mind?

-VR
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:21
    @very-rusty said
    Can you explain what a typical Bozo would be in your mind?

-VR
    I just did.

Here it is in short.

Ask a person a yes or no question but the bozo does not give a yes or no answer.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:27
    @eladar said
    I just did.

Here it is in short.

Ask a person a yes or no question but the bozo does not give a yes or no answer.
    That really makes no sense to me what so ever.

-VR
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:40
    @very-rusty said
    That really makes no sense to me what so ever.

-VR
    Perhaps because at heart you are a bozo as well?

Or is it that you do not understand why when having a discussion a person would not actually answer a person's question?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:45
    @eladar said

Or is it that you do not understand why when having a discussion a person would not actually answer a person's question?
    You don't seem to want to discuss why the Klinger storyline would not be included in a sitcom in 2020 while it was included in the 1970s. You don't seem the slightest bit interested. You've blanked out every attempt to engage you on the topic.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:47
    @eladar said
    Once a person has been given a chance to answer a question, but the person side steps the question to argue something else, the person is a bozo.
    What would be your reason to make a show with the Klinger plotline in it in 2020? What point would you see yourself as making?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 14:502 edits
    @eladar said

Did you not stop to think you may feel it is a yes or no answer but the person you bantering with may not think the same way?

Describe a bozo if you can? No let me do it for you!

a stupid, rude, or insignificant person, especially a man.

Obviously this is the way you see anyone who doesn't agree with you.

-VR
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:02
    @eladar said
    If the person is not a bozo, the person will simply not respond to the question at all.
    Given contemporary norms and attitudes, what commercial model of TV production and advertising revenue would "allow" you to place your 2020 attitudes [to what Corporal Klinger and the U.S. Army did and thought in the 1970s] at the heart of a TV sitcom and have it be viable?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:04
    @very-rusty said
    Did you not stop to think you may feel it is a yes or no answer but the person you bantering with may not think the same way?

Describe a bozo if you can? No let me do it for you!

a stupid, rude, or insignificant person, especially a man.

Obviously this is the way you see anyone who doesn't agree with you.

-VR
    I even ask for a yes or no but do not get a response.

Bozos are people who entertain themselves by side stepping questions and continuing to argue just to argue.

Trying to have an honest discussion with someone looking to entertain themselves with argument is fruitless.

All one can do is recognize the bozo and move on.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:09
    @eladar said
    I even ask for a yes or no but do not get a response.
    You did get several thoughtful responses that directly invited you to discuss the topic. But you are simply dodging any discussion of why the Klinger subplot wouldn't work in 2020 and why no one would incorporate it into a contemporary sitcom. Over and over again you have chosen not to engage in the discussion.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:10
    @wolfe63 said
    If it wasn't for the laugh-track, "Dad's Army" would have been tedious viewing. At least canned laughter can cue the attempted punch-line.
    Dad’s Army is 1970s British humour made by British people for the British people, it’s ok if people from other countries don’t get it.

I’ve never seen any 1970s Russian sitcoms. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t get those.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:12
    @eladar said
    Bozos are people who entertain themselves by side stepping questions and continuing to argue just to argue.
    What would be your reason to make a show with the Klinger plotline in it in 2020?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:191 edit
    @FMF

I am pointing out the hypocrites who watch this show but would be appalled if such a show were to be made today.

They like to ignore the Klinger character's true story and pretend it is about accepting cross dressing as an acceptable behavior.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:24
    @eladar said
    @FMF

I am pointing out the hypocrites who watch this show but would be appalled if such a show were to be made today.

They lik ed to ignore the Klinger character's true story and pretend it is about accepting cross dressing as an acceptable behavior.
    Klinger was portrayed as completely sane. You don't seem to understand the kind of satire M*A*S*H purveyed, despite claiming that you watched it.

Why are you dodging all the questions and attempts to discuss the discuss why the plotline would no longer work?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 15:27
    @fmf said
    Klinger was portrayed as completely sane. You don't seem to understand the kind of satire M*A*S*H purveyed, despite claiming that you watched it.

Why are you dodging all the questions and attempts to discuss the discuss why the plotline would no longer work?
    Yes, Klinger was portrayed as a heterosexual male who is pretending to be a cross dresser as a way to get out of the Army.

Klinger was a normal male, looking to get classified as having a mental disorder by dressing as if he were a cross dresser.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree