Making this web site more British

Making this web site more British

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

What changes would you suggest - to the TOS, guidelines, and anything else you can think of - to make this web site a bit more British in character, and less international?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
What changes would you suggest - to the TOS, guidelines, and anything else you can think of - to make this web site a bit more British in character, and less international?
Don't you mean The "Tea"OS? Earl Grey, of course.

Moves
06 Mar 16

Posters should have pipes in their mouth while posting.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
06 Mar 16

you know what you call 26 englishmen???

a full set of teeth...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
Originally posted by FMF
"...to make this web site a bit more British in character, and less international?"
_____

Y

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Mar 16

How about having no guns, real borders and a free health care system?

Too much?

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Y
Feel free to simply not enter into the spirit of things, Grampy Bobby, if you so choose , or indeed, feel free to have no idea of what the spirit of things actually is (as so often seems to be the case). And I say this in a spirit of British embrace of diversity. 😛

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
How about having no guns, real borders and a free health care system?

Too much?
No, not too much. But we'd need it to be worded carefully for the TOS so that people could get posts deleted and forum banned for not complying.

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by rookie54
you know what you call 26 englishmen???

a full set of teeth...
Perhaps in the period running up to the launch of the web site's Go More British initiative, there could be a Dentistry Forum added with invites sent out to regulars at the Science Forum and the Culture Forum, and then this new Dentistry Forum could be discontinued as soon as the enhanced Britishness regime gets started. It would send out an unmistakable stereotype message to the world.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Mar 16

I'm Canadian but I do have a spot of tea in the afternoon. Would that make me an honorary English member?
What do say old chap?
Kind Regards,
-VR

Read a book!

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
Xenophobia setting in again?

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Xenophobia setting in again?
No, affirmation and celebration of multifariousness in the face of homogenizing globalism ...setting in again. Unbritish posters would be welcome as long as they comply with the BriTOS guidelines.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
Feel free to simply not enter into the spirit of things, Grampy Bobby, if you so choose , or indeed, feel free to have no idea of what the spirit of things actually is (as so often seems to be the case). And I say this in a spirit of British embrace of diversity. 😛
ok

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by vandervelde
Posters should have pipes in their mouth while posting.
Not a Britishness-defining characteristic, I reckon. 😉

F

Moves
06 Mar 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I'm Canadian but I do have a spot of tea in the afternoon. Would that make me an honorary English member?
What do say old chap?
Do Canadians call blokes "blokes"?