1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:07
    Rooster wins by knockout.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56224144

Didn’t know cockfighting was technically illegal in India since 1960, went to one in Assam about 10 years ago, birds didn’t have blades though and was a tame affair at times. Usually one bird just chickened out (I guess that’s where the phrase came from) and was given to the owner of the winning bird.

Went to another in Peru with blades and it was a complete blood bath, sometimes both birds died and flights were over in seconds. Completely stupid.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:13
    why would you even go?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:14
    @trev33 said

Didn’t know cockfighting was technically illegal in India since 1960, went to one in Assam about 10 years ago, birds didn’t have blades though and was a tame affair at times. Usually one bird just chickened out (I guess that’s where the phrase came from) and was given to the owner of the winning ...[text shortened]... complete blood bath, sometimes both birds died and flights were over in seconds. Completely stupid.
    I was chased by an angry goose once, just outside my house. A kangaroo or an adult chimpanzee would undoubtedly have been more scary, but that goose was scary enough, let me tell you.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:14
    @lemondrop said
    why would you even go?
    It's not televised, probably.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:39
    @lemondrop said
    why would you even go?
    Curiosity for the Indian one and was actually interesting to see, in Peru was work related which was just brutal. I’ve seen cockfighting on local tv somewhere though, can’t remember where.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:42
    @fmf said
    I was chased by an angry goose once, just outside my house. A kangaroo or an adult chimpanzee would undoubtedly have been more scary, but that goose was scary enough, let me tell you.
    Those geese don’t take any prisoners, was chased by a monkey myself, was told they were aggressive and not to carry any plastic bags as they would go for them, no one mentioned the same about a bottle of water.
  7. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 17:43
    @trev33 said

Didn’t know cockfighting was technically illegal in India since 1960, went to one in Assam about 10 years ago, birds didn’t have blades though and was a tame affair at times. Usually one bird just chickened out (I guess that’s where the phrase came from) and was given to the owner of the winning ...[text shortened]... complete blood bath, sometimes both birds died and flights were over in seconds. Completely stupid.
    It's poetic justice.

The rooster stabbed him in the groin. And rooster's are known by another name...
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:23
    @fmf said
    You actually compare this to the heinous activity known as cockfighting?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:34
    @suzianne said
    You actually compare this to the heinous activity known as cockfighting?
    Make of it what you will. In my case it was Man v Goose rather than Man v Rooster. But I didn't think Man v Goose warranted a thread all of its own.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 21:48
    @trev33 said

I went to a bullfight in Mexico once.

Ok, so man proved they can stab a bull and get away with it most of the time.

crude.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 11:16
    @trev33 said

The man was killed by his own rooster after an illegal cockfight. Now that’s poetic justice.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 11:21
    @fmf said
    a swan tried to drown my dog Georgie, but my smaller dog meg coulld swim among them with impunity.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 11:55
    @badradger said
    a swan tried to drown my dog Georgie, but my smaller dog meg coulld swim among them with impunity.
    No comment from me. By talking about a goose, I've been exposed as a de facto cockfighting apologist.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 12:22
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I went to a bullfight in Mexico once.
    Why would you go!?

Mexico I mean...
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '21 16:00
    @FMF
    That happened to me when I was 6 yo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree