General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    19 Mar '15 15:05
    Anyone know how many megs you download every time you log on RHP? And do you use megs just to say read a forum post? Anyone exclusively on mobile devices, how many megs/gigs per month?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    19 Mar '15 15:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Anyone know how many megs you download every time you log on RHP? And do you use megs just to say read a forum post? Anyone exclusively on mobile devices, how many megs/gigs per month?
    After reading your post, I logged off, started Wireshark, logged on to RHP again and navigated to this tread. The stats show the following: 30 packets, 23127 bytes.
  3. Wat?
    Joined
    16 Aug '05
    Moves
    76863
    19 Mar '15 15:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Anyone know how many megs you download every time you log on RHP? And do you use megs just to say read a forum post? Anyone exclusively on mobile devices, how many megs/gigs per month?
    My matey... of ages...... take it to science forum spankey... our convs about stuff like this are not welcomed here. 😀

    -m. love smilie.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    19 Mar '15 15:59
    Originally posted by mikelom
    My matey... of ages...... take it to science forum spankey... our convs about stuff like this are not welcomed here. 😀

    -m. love smilie.
    Span key?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    19 Mar '15 19:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Anyone know how many megs you download every time you log on RHP? And do you use megs just to say read a forum post? Anyone exclusively on mobile devices, how many megs/gigs per month?
    Wish I was technically savvy enough with my laptop to be able to answer your question.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35761
    19 Mar '15 23:231 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus
    After reading your post, I logged off, started Wireshark, logged on to RHP again and navigated to this tread. The stats show the following: 30 packets, 23127 bytes.
    This sounds about right. Whatever the total is, it's not much. It's mostly just text. Or Hypertext, I guess.

    Posting uses more, as does moving in games. But I have unlimited data on my plan, so I don't really worry about how much it is.
  7. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    8216
    20 Mar '15 00:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This sounds about right. Whatever the total is, it's not much. It's mostly just text. Or Hypertext, I guess.

    Posting uses more, as does moving in games. But I have unlimited data on my plan, so I don't really worry about how much it is.
    i would guess that a one-time first log in might use some bytes, but a second log in would mostly be cache, no?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52766
    20 Mar '15 13:11
    Originally posted by billyray
    i would guess that a one-time first log in might use some bytes, but a second log in would mostly be cache, no?
    Anyone here try to get in with a windows phone? I couldn't do it with mine. I think it's time to dump that phone and get an Android.
Back to Top