1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 16:37
    Anyone ever tried it? The texture of the eggs is interesting.

I mixed garlic and onion powder into the eggs, along with spicy Adobo. Then, I put the (six) eggs into the microwave for two minutes; take it out, mix a bit more, and then another two minutes. The eggs usually will still be just a tad bit runny, which is okay because there's still enough heat in the bowl for the eggs to solidify further.

Immediately after taking the eggs out of the microwave (be careful, it's hot, obviously) I put three slices of American cheese. I let the cheese melt, stir it in, and voilà! A meal fit for a king.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 18:43
    Originally posted by vivify
    Anyone ever tried it? The texture of the eggs is interesting.

I mixed garlic and onion powder into the eggs, along with spicy Adobo. Then, I put the (six) eggs into the microwave for two minutes; take it out, mix a bit more, and then another two minutes. The eggs usually will still be just a tad bit runny, which is okay because there's still enough h ...[text shortened]... lices of American cheese. I let the cheese melt, stir it in, and voilà! A meal fit for a king.
    Why not just make an omelet? Sounds like what you just made but with a micro. I like mine with swiss chess and spinach, lots of spinach.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 19:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why not just make an omelet? Sounds like what you just made but with a micro. I like mine with swiss chess and spinach, lots of spinach.
    It's harder to make an omelette in a bowl. I haven't attempted microwaving eggs on a flat surface because the eggs would probably run over and make a mess. But, I could experiment with just one egg on a plate, and see how that works out.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 22:30
    Anyone ever tried it? ...
    I expect it will explode.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    30 Jun '16 22:32
    I put three slices of American cheese.
    there's no such thing as american cheese...
    that processed phlegm is not even remotely related to any sort of dairy product...

i am sorry for the clogging of yer arteries, and the hardening of yer heart...
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 04:05
    Originally posted by rookie54
    there's no such thing as american cheese...
    that processed phlegm is not even remotely related to any sort of dairy product...

i am sorry for the clogging of yer arteries, and the hardening of yer heart...
    I read the ingredients of food whenever I shop. And while American cheese is bad (I don't buy it that often) I got the healthiest American cheese available.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 15:45
    I read the ingredients of food whenever I shop. And while American cheese is bad (I don't buy it that often) I got the healthiest American cheese available.
    Healthy and American don't seem to go together well....
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 17:361 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Healthy and American don't seem to go together well....
    Yeah. Instead of "healthiest" cheese, I should've said "least toxic".
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jul '16 20:01
    Yeah. Instead of "healthiest" cheese, I should've said "least toxic".
    There is a distinct difference between American cheese and American cheese "food".

Gotta read the label and remember, you get what you pay for. Buying the generic store-brand American cheese at any grocery store will usually only get you American cheese "food", which is mostly hydrogenated oil. Most fast food places in America will use actual American cheese, and not these "knock-offs" because they actually want people to buy their product.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jul '16 19:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is a distinct difference between American cheese and American cheese "food".

Gotta read the label and remember, you get what you pay for. Buying the generic store-brand American cheese at any grocery store will usually only get you American cheese "food", which is mostly hydrogenated oil. Most fast food places in America will use actual American cheese, and not these "knock-offs" because they actually want people to buy their product.
    The amazing thing is someone actually thought they could turn motor oil into cheese and actually make money on it and people actually buy that crap. Says a lot about the intelligence of humans.
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 15:09
    Originally posted by apathist
    I expect it will explode.
    If you read the OP you would have noticed, that the eggs are not cooked in their Shells, which might lead to an Explosion, but stirred together with other ingredients.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 16:18
    Meh....I make an egg omelette in a pan most mornings, it only takes a few minutes.
    I've tried to microwave them, it's too touchy if not done just right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree