1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '19 16:08
    @shallow-blue said
    I've met Millennials, GenX'ers, GenY'ers
    Gosh, what a cosmopolitan life you lead.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Apr '19 21:132 edits
    @shallow-blue said
    I've met Millennials, GenX'ers, GenY'ers, the Lost Generation... every generation has its problems and every generation has its imbecilities.

But only the Baby Boomers have collectively b@(!*#@ed up the economy and environment for their own children and grand-children, and have the gall to, to a man and woman, be arrogant and self-serving about it.

If we could take ...[text shortened]... e Baby Boomers instead, even then they would refuse to pay their dues to their youngers and betters.
    My generation gave those generations a childhood like no other in the whole evolutionary history of h. saps, free from hunger, free from infant mortality rates which would make a grown man weep, free from child labour in fields and dark satanic mills. Do I expect gratitude for that? No. I ask only that they not waste the opportunity which has been served them on a silver platter.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    28 Apr '19 21:49
    @mudfinger said
    you cheap bastard
    hi,
    i'm single...
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 May '19 12:53
    @moonbus said
    My generation gave those generations a childhood like no other in the whole evolutionary history of h. saps, free from hunger, free from infant mortality rates which would make a grown man weep, free from child labour in fields and dark satanic mills. Do I expect gratitude for that? No. I ask only that they not waste the opportunity which has been served them on a silver platter.
    *free from hunger? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines
    * free from Infant mortality rates which would a grwon man weep https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_mortality#/media/File:Infant_mortality_map_of_the_world.svg
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 May '19 13:07
    @rookie54 said
    hi,
    i'm single...
    Sounds like you're adverstising....LOL...

-VR
  6. Joined
    23 Apr '19
    Moves
    02 May '19 17:52
    I think the younger generations have the potential to change politics for the better, but they have to vote in much greater numbers.

Trump and the GOP are already targeting seniors for the 2020 election because they vote in greater numbers, as a percentage of the population, than younger voters.
    The hardest job in politics is getting more people to vote, but neither the Democrats or Republicans feel a need to get more of the baby boomers to vote.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree