1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 16:051 edit
    Miscellaneous

"Adjective: of items or people gathered or considered together) Of various types or from different sources. 2. of a collection or group. Composed of members or elements of different kinds: "a miscellaneous collection". Synonyms various, mixed, varied, diverse, manifold, different." (online dictionary)

General discussion: "If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here." (stated site purpose for this forum) This thread is offered in the interest of increasing the volume of general discussion and overall posting activity within this centerpiece forum. If a topic's worthy of conversation and you're not sure where to put it within this forum, please consider posting it here. Why not contribute to the overall interest of RHP's General Forum? Hasn't it given much to you? Thanks.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 16:07
    Reminder: Only 84 Shopping Days Left Until Christmas, 2013.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 16:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Reminder: Only 84 Shopping Days Left Until Christmas, 2013.
    Shopping days? Is that all Christmas means to you, Bobby? Do you own stock in Walmart?
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 16:17
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Shopping days? Is that all Christmas means to you, Bobby? Do you own stock in Walmart?
    What are you buying me this Christmas?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 17:35
    Factoid: "The word October comes from the Latin word 'Octo' meaning 8. Before Julius Caesar
    reformed the calendar, October was the eighth month." (Clough, an informed friend)
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 18:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Factoid: "The word October comes from the Latin word 'Octo' meaning 8. Before Julius Caesar
    reformed the calendar, October was the eighth month." (Clough, an informed friend)
    "The Romans later renamed months after Julius Caesar and Augustus, renaming Quintilis as "Iulius" (July)[2] in 44 BC and Sextilis as "Augustus" (August) in 8 BC. Quintilis was renamed to honour Caesar because it was the month of his birth.[46] According to a senatus consultum quoted by Macrobius, Sextilis was renamed to honour Augustus because several of the most significant events in his rise to power, culminating in the fall of Alexandria, occurred in that month.[4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 19:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    "The Romans later renamed months after Julius Caesar and Augustus, renaming Quintilis as "Iulius" (July)[2] in 44 BC and Sextilis as "Augustus" (August) in 8 BC. Quintilis was renamed to honour Caesar because it was the month of his birth.[46] According to a senatus consultum quoted by Macrobius, Sextilis was renamed to honour Augustus because several of the m ...[text shortened]... fall of Alexandria, occurred in that month.[4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar
    There's a line in my Mother's Life Story titled, "To All of My Dearest With All of My Love" (Two Volumes of 101 Pages, dated December 2003 and 2004), which expresses her love of Autumn in New England: "... October's bright blue weather".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree