1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 13:221 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I read the title and thought it was of the, "Everything in moderation" bent. I was wrong...sorry.
    😏
    My idea was to provide the moderators with a tool which is less arbitrary than a ban and just limits someone’s amount of posts for a period.

It seems that despite several of the forum regulars consistently bleating on and on and on about Very Rusty’s copious posting, and my idea being a seemingly perfect solution... the team would rather thumb down the idea (because it’s mine) rather than support it and potentially solve their Rust problem.

It’s like being at school.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 13:25
    @divegeester said
    My idea was to provide the moderators with a tool which is less arbitrary than a ban and just limits someone’s amount of posts for a period.

It seems that despite several of the forum regulars consistently bleating on and on and on about Very Rusty’s copious posting, and my idea being a seemingly perfect solution... the team would rather thumb down the idea (because i ...[text shortened]... ine) rather than support it and potentially solve their Rust problem.

On a serious note (not like me eh?). I think the idea of imposing a "time out" is a good one.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 15:271 edit
    @divegeester said

It seems that despite several of the forum regulars consistently bleating on and on and on about Very Rusty’s copious posting, and my idea being a seemingly perfect solution... the team would rather thumb down the idea (because i ...[text shortened]... ine) rather than support it and potentially solve their Rust problem.

Well,
    Not everyone is going to agree with your solution to what others may not consider a problem obviously! 😉 Perhaps I am part of the problem and not the solution. Banning posters for periods of time will just get less people as Paying subscribers. Really no need unless you want to be in a Clan that is!

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '21 15:31
    @great-big-stees said
    On a serious note (not like me eh?). I think the idea of imposing a "time out" is a good one.
    Why not take a self imposed one for about a week and see how you enjoy it Stees?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree