money

Subscribermlb62
General 10 Feb '18 21:31
  1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 21:31
    as of last year Bill Gates earns $128 per second on his investments alone..Many people don't earn that much working all day....
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 21:35
    Originally posted by @ogb
    as of last year Bill Gates earns $128 per second on his investments alone..Many people don't earn that much working all day....
    That you can make more money by investing than by working is quite old news.
    read Balzac's "Le Père Goriot" on that.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 23:09
    It's called capitalism.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 00:08
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    It's called capitalism.
    It's well known that the Gates donate very heavily to different charities..That's called stupid..
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 00:23
    It's well known that the Gates donate very heavily to different charities..That's called stupid..
    Why's that stupid?
  6. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 00:26
    Originally posted by @larkie
    Why's that stupid?
    well, it's the way of the world..the rich should be the ones to donate to the poor. NOT the working stiff like me , who works his azz off to pay the bills..
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 01:34
    well, it's the way of the world..the rich should be the ones to donate to the poor. NOT the working stiff like me , who works his azz off to pay the bills..
    Giving to charity is something even the poorest people can do, for their own mental health. It's a psychological boost and doesn't need to involve money. I'd hate to think I was too poor to give anything to someone in real need.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 01:55
    Volunteer at a soup kitchen. It won't cost you a dime.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 08:34
    That’s because they didn’t invent a world changing software solution which a vast proportion of the global population saw value in purchasing.

It’s called innovation and entrepreneurship.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 08:37
    What is stupid is investing a large amount of ones hard earned finance into a software/hardware solution which nobody needs or wants.
  11. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 11:031 edit
    Mate, you just said the Gates donate very heavily to charities!! What exactly is your beef?
    You are right about many people not earning 128 bucks a day - as if this were a pittance, which it isn't. Take a look away from the USA for a moment and you'll find that many people don't earn $128 in a month.
  12. RSA
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 11:191 edit
    You didn't found Microsoft corporation, thus you do not earn what Bill Gates does. That's the reality of this world. If you don't like being poor, come up with your own brainy idea. Stop trying to bitterly tear down those who did better than you - especially by criticizing their philanthropic efforts.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:48
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    It's called capitalism.
    It's called parasitism. Particularly in the case of Bill "Once the botnet is up, who cares what system goes down? That's not my department" Gates.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 08:50
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That’s because they didn’t invent a world changing software solution which a vast proportion of the global population saw value in purchasing.

It’s called innovation and entrepreneurship.
    It's called theft and fraud. Microsoft business practices are predatory.
  15. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 15:04
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    It's called theft and fraud. Microsoft business practices are predatory.
    That's just my point..how many people/companies did Gates crush on his way to the top ? Now he's Mr. Nice Guy giving to charities....and what about his own blood descendants ? His great-great-great grandkids might need some of that money that he's donating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree