1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 07:152 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    You didn't have a cow. It was a steer. I hope. And they are delicious. I raised a few steers for meat while I was dairy farming. I had this one steer in particular. I called him Bully Boy. He'd be three hundred yards away out in the pasture and I'd call him by name. He new I had grain for him and would come a running.

Felt bad when I put a bullet in his skull. But did he ever taste good! 😉
    Visited a friend on his farm and asked about one of his pigs that only had 3 legs. He explained that there had been a small fire in his barn and that the squeals from that particular pig had alerted him to the danger and that he had gotten to the fire soon enough to put it out and save the barn. I asked him if the pig had lost its leg in the fire, but he shook his head and went on to explain that shortly afterwards his young son had managed to get into the pig sty and that he had been surrounded by rowdy pigs who were in danger of trampling him into the mud. The pig in question however had lifted the boy onto his back and carried him to safety.

I was of course very impressed with the pig at this point and asked again in it had lost the leg rescuing his son. But again my friend shook his head and went on to explain that not long after 2 burglars had broken into his farmhouse and that he and his family had been tied up and threatened at knife point. Fearing the worst he had been greatly relieved when the pig in question had jumped in through the window and karate chopped one of the intruders. He had then done a back flip and taken out the other burglar with a scissor kick.

"Blimey!" I said. "Is that how he lost the leg?"
    Again my friend shook his head. "No, but with a pig of that quality, you can't eat him all at once."
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 07:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    You didn't have a cow. It was a steer. I hope. And they are delicious. I raised a few steers for meat while I was dairy farming. I had this one steer in particular. I called him Bully Boy. He'd be three hundred yards away out in the pasture and I'd call him by name. He new I had grain for him and would come a running.

Felt bad when I put a bullet in his skull. But did he ever taste good! 😉
    Steers, queers and horns.
    Something about Texas and ain't you one of them?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 14:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Steers, queers and horns.
    Something about Texas and ain't you one of them?
    Seems there's something about that I should understand, but it just won't click. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree