General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    17 May '16 08:56
    YouTube

    This guy educates us all with:
    pi = 4
    Pythagoras's Theorem is wrong
    We do not know how to calculate the area of a square.

    Yet he sounds lucid and educated
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    17 May '16 09:43
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yet he sounds lucid and educated
    He may well threaten people with violence on the internet in his spare time, though. 😛
  3. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88310
    17 May '16 10:42
    Another thought:
    Is the World Wide Web actually a web at all? On a flat earth disc it could be but if the earth is a flat square [hence "4 corners of the earth], then it must be a grid rather than a web.
  4. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88310
    17 May '16 10:46
    Another thought:

    If the earth is a flat disc and the South Pole is a wall of ice at its circumference, then the North Pole must be at the centre of the disk, meaning that navigation via magnetic north would be impossible as "south" would be along lines of longitude traversing out from the pole in every possible direction (as they do now) but never converging at a sourthern pole.

    This would explain why Scott of the Antarctic got lost.
  5. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88310
    17 May '16 10:501 edit
    Another thought:

    If the earth is a flat disc, then how thick is it and if Gravity is a conspiracy, why does it need a thickness at all?
    Furthermore if the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs (did they exist??) had hit the sea, would it have gone straight through the disc allowing all the sea to drain of into space?
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526106
    17 May '16 10:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvLFRD4AYo

    This guy educates us all with:
    pi = 4
    Pythagoras's Theorem is wrong
    We do not know how to calculate the area of a square.

    Yet he sounds lucid and educated
    And here I am thinking that there was an actual move to introduce pi=3 somewhere in the USA and thinking that dumb...
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526106
    17 May '16 10:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Another thought:
    Is the World Wide Web actually a web at all? On a flat earth disc it could be but if the earth is a flat square [hence "4 corners of the earth], then it must be a grid rather than a web.
    actualy you can have other than right angles on a plane, and there are irregular shapes...so web is still appropriate I think.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 May '16 11:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Another thought:

    If the earth is a flat disc, then how thick is it and if Gravity is a conspiracy, why does it need a thickness at all?
    Furthermore if the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs (did they exist??) had hit the sea, would it have gone straight through the disc allowing all the sea to drain of into space?
    In order for a thing to be a conspiracy, a thing must exist.
  9. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Joined
    15 Feb '16
    Moves
    1685
    17 May '16 12:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Another thought:

    If the earth is a flat disc, then how thick is it and if Gravity is a conspiracy, why does it need a thickness at all?
    Furthermore if the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs (did they exist??) had hit the sea, would it have gone straight through the disc allowing all the sea to drain of into space?
    You're making me question my existence.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 May '16 12:10
    Originally posted by Andrew Kern
    You're making me question my existence.
    We already do, so you're late to the position.
  11. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88310
    17 May '16 13:10
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    In order for a thing to be a conspiracy, a thing must exist.
    Meaningless twaddle.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 May '16 14:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Meaningless twaddle.
    Twaddleless meaning.
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526106
    17 May '16 14:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Another thought:

    If the earth is a flat disc, then how thick is it and if Gravity is a conspiracy, why does it need a thickness at all?
    Furthermore if the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs (did they exist??) had hit the sea, would it have gone straight through the disc allowing all the sea to drain of into space?
    The Asteroid can't get through adamantium as is well known...
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    17 May '16 14:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvLFRD4AYo

    This guy educates us all with:
    pi = 4
    Pythagoras's Theorem is wrong
    We do not know how to calculate the area of a square.

    Yet he sounds lucid and educated
    Symbol for eternity?
  15. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526106
    18 May '16 12:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Symbol for eternity?
    a vertical 8

    why?
Back to Top