1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 13:531 edit
    I have today managed two things that i haven't done before.

1) I swam 6 lengths of a 25 meter pool before my body gave up (breaks in between )

2) I swam one of those lengths breast stroke.

Now the main caveat to this is that my breast stroke has all the hall marks of a drowning Frog, but these are two landmark events for me...so there.

Later today i will be taking my 4 year old to the pool and pretending that being next high in water is no biggie. When the horrible truth is that if in a similar position, i would royally cack my pants.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:181 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I have today managed two things that i haven't done before.

1) I swam 6 lengths of a 25 meter pool before my body gave up (breaks in between )

2) I swam one of those lengths breast stroke.

Now the main caveat to this is that my breast stroke has all the hall marks of a drowning Frog, but these are two landmark events for me...so there.
    ...[text shortened]... iggie. When the horrible truth is that if in a similar position, i would royally cack my pants.
    yeah thats awesome, there's a kiddies pool right? ours has a jacuzzi at one end where you can sit and get massaged by the bubbles and watch your kid splash about. We once took an inflatable shark and was told it was against health and safety and i had to give it up. I should of demanded to see the public records of those who were injured playing with inflatable sharks. They also took a snorkel and masks away from us too, it was way more fun before the health and safety jive. Our pool used to have a springboard before all that and two diving dales, one about thirty feet and the other about fifteen, now its pure mince.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah thats awesome, there's a kiddies pool right? ours has a jacuzzi at one end where you can sit and get massaged by the bubbles and watch your kid splash about. We once took an inflatable shark and was told it was against health and safety and i had to give it up. I should of demanded to see the public records of those who were injured playing wi ...[text shortened]... hat and two diving dales, one about thirty feet and the other about fifteen, now its pure mince.
    Nah, but the pool i take my daughter to (at the local college) has a shallow end of 3.3 feet. The pool i swim at (at the gym) is 4 feet flat. I tried kneeling down in the pool at the gym, and got an instant moment of clarity as to how my daughter must feel when she's trying to swim. She's way braver than me. I haven't been in the deep end of a pool since i started learning, where as she's in a "deep" part if she swims three feet out. Respekt.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Nah, but the pool i take my daughter to (at the local college) has a shallow end of 3.3 feet. The pool i swim at (at the gym) is 4 feet flat. I tried kneeling down in the pool at the gym, and got an instant moment of clarity as to how my daughter must feel when she's trying to swim. She's way braver than me. I haven't been in the deep end of a pool since i started learning, where as she's in a "deep" part if she swims three feet out. Respekt.
    Its great when they learn, you can go out in the middle and she can do do back flips and stuff off your shoulders, or dive for pennies. 😀
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 14:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its great when they learn, you can go out in the middle and she can do do back flips and stuff off your shoulders, or dive for pennies. 😀
    She's too light to dive to the bottom, so she gets me to push her down...so basically it looks like i'm trying to drown her. Once i can do 10 lengths, i might get some lessons to help me with treading water and stuff. Being able to help her if she swims too far is the main reason i'm trying to learn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree