General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    28 Dec '15 06:23
    I must be the last person on earth not to care a dime
    about grande-caramel-macchiato-skimmed-milk-late-
    with-mid-roast-arabica-bean blah blah.

    I just want soluble Nescafe, in large quantities, to wake
    me up in the morning. Like a donkey kick straight to my
    skull. Actually, anything will do, really. Even the market's
    generic brand.

    Why do people fetishize coffee? Or wine or beer for that
    purpose? Drugs are drugs. Period.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10600
    28 Dec '15 08:40
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I must be the last person on earth not to care a dime
    about grande-caramel-macchiato-skimmed-milk-late-
    with-mid-roast-arabica-bean blah blah.

    I just want soluble Nescafe, in large quantities, to wake
    me up in the morning. Like a donkey kick straight to my
    skull. Actually, anything will do, really. Even the market's
    generic brand.

    Why do people fetishize coffee? Or wine or beer for that
    purpose? Drugs are drugs. Period.
    Differentiating and appreciating quality is what sets us apart from the aardvarks.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    28 Dec '15 08:41
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I must be the last person on earth not to care a dime
    about grande-caramel-macchiato-skimmed-milk-late-
    with-mid-roast-arabica-bean blah blah.

    I just want soluble Nescafe, in large quantities, to wake
    me up in the morning. Like a donkey kick straight to my
    skull. Actually, anything will do, really. Even the market's
    generic brand.

    Why do people fetishize coffee? Or wine or beer for that
    purpose? Drugs are drugs. Period.
    It all does the same thing (with slight variations in caffeine content).

    So you might as well like it going down.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526188
    28 Dec '15 10:02
    This thread is a copy cat Thread 166504 which was copycated from Thread 166502.

    And it is a good examply why elder threads should be revived as opposed to post the same things over and over in new threads.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    28 Dec '15 10:03
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I must be the last person on earth not to care a dime
    about grande-caramel-macchiato-skimmed-milk-late-
    with-mid-roast-arabica-bean blah blah.

    I just want soluble Nescafe, in large quantities, to wake
    me up in the morning. Like a donkey kick straight to my
    skull. Actually, anything will do, really. Even the market's
    generic brand.

    Why do people fetishize coffee? Or wine or beer for that
    purpose? Drugs are drugs. Period.
    Why do the liquid at all? Just take a caffeine tablet, comes in 100 and 200 mg. That will wake you up without all the faldarah of having to heat up the water, actually stirring in powder.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    28 Dec '15 10:10
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    This thread is a copy cat Thread 166504 which was copycated from Thread 166502.

    And it is a good examply why elder threads should be revived as opposed to post the same things over and over in new threads.
    God, no.

    We have quite enough "necro" threads being brought back from the dead.

    It's severe bad form. Let them be.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    28 Dec '15 10:131 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do the liquid at all? Just take a caffeine tablet, comes in 100 and 200 mg. That will wake you up without all the faldarah of having to heat up the water, actually stirring in powder.
    But they taste like dreck. Nothing like a nice Arabica.

    Powder? Clearly you're uninformed. Grind your own beans, Neanderthal.
  8. Joined
    22 Jan '12
    Moves
    10143
    28 Dec '15 10:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But they taste like dreck. Nothing like a nice Arabica.

    Powder? Clearly you're uninformed. Grind your own beans, Neanderthal.
    Not trying to go one up, but I roast my own beans as well as grinding. Much better!
  9. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    28 Dec '15 14:48
    Originally posted by brush
    Not trying to go one up, but I roast my own beans as well as grinding. Much better!
    Cant beat a good grind in the morning.
    And a cup of Nescafe.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    28 Dec '15 15:45
    "Coffee is a hug in a mug." ~Author Unknown
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    28 Dec '15 18:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do the liquid at all? Just take a caffeine tablet, comes in 100 and 200 mg. That will wake you up without all the faldarah of having to heat up the water, actually stirring in powder.
    Honestly speaking, it is not only the caffeine but the hot water.

    When in dire straits, I have drank straight hot water in the morning
    and, although it doesn't wake me up, it flushes down the pipes.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    28 Dec '15 18:19
    "I've just arrived in New York City. What a place! Just smell those skyscrapers. Had breakfast at a little deli on Ninth Avenue. Cheese Danish and a cup of coffee, black as a moonless night. Hit the spot." ~"From the television show Twin Peaks by David Lynch (Thanks, Rachel)"
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    28 Dec '15 19:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But they taste like dreck. Nothing like a nice Arabica.

    Powder? Clearly you're uninformed. Grind your own beans, Neanderthal.
    In my defense, I spoke as a life long tea drinker🙂

    I don't like the taste of coffee, coffee flavored ice cream, coffee anything.

    I do like the smell of fresh ground beans though. Which is odd. Why doesn't it taste the way the beans smell?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    28 Dec '15 20:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In my defense, I spoke as a life long tea drinker🙂

    I don't like the taste of coffee, coffee flavored ice cream, coffee anything.

    I do like the smell of fresh ground beans though. Which is odd. Why doesn't it taste the way the beans smell?
    Perhaps you haven't had a truly well-made cup of excellent coffee. Coffee, well-made, does taste like the beans smell, only more so.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    29 Dec '15 04:051 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Perhaps you haven't had a truly well-made cup of excellent coffee. Coffee, well-made, does taste like the beans smell, only more so.
    Maybe. It is an acquired taste.
Back to Top