1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:18
    Before you go all 18+ on this...she's 4 and a half years old, so be nice please.

My Daughter has her own Galaxy tab, which we bought her primarily for long haul flights, and times when we were in China (no English speaking cartoons). She has become addicted to thos silly videos where either kids open small packets of toys in them, or even more disturbingly adults talking like kids opening up these toys.

So after a particularly good day at swimming (she was diving for toys dropped at the bottom of the pool), i took her to Smyths toys for a treat. She immediately ran to these silly packets and picked a few. I asked her "Why do you want those? Are they those silly toys in the videos?". Yes, she replied. DO you want to make one of those videos? Yes she replied.

So, i got my HD web cam, my Zoom digital 4 track, and set them up for her, I then editted it as best i could (taking any prompts from me, or mistakes). What we ended up with will never get sponsored by Hasbro, but i was surprised how enthusiastic she was in front of the camera. I've kept the video, and am considering putting it on youtube so she can see herself on the channel. I might even let her do more...I'm so proud 😏
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:21
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Before you go all 18+ on this...she's 4 and a half years old, so be nice please.

My Daughter has her own Galaxy tab, which we bought her primarily for long haul flights, and times when we were in China (no English speaking cartoons). She has become addicted to thos silly videos where either kids open small packets of toys in them, or even more di ...[text shortened]... on youtube so she can see herself on the channel. I might even let her do more...I'm so proud 😏
    That's great huckleberry. They're so adorably cute at that age.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:23
    ...times when we were in China (no English speaking cartoons).
    And yet people still need to ask why China isn't as great and preeminent as it once was 2,000-3,000 years ago?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet people still need to ask why China isn't as great and preeminent as it once was 2,000-3,000 years ago?
    He's talking about his daughter. Not China. Why do you do that all the time? Do you know what the words 'subject' and 'topic' mean?
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    He's talking about his daughter. Not China. Why do you do that all the time? Do you know what the words 'subject' and 'topic' mean?
    S'all good bud. My daughter is half Chinese, so it's not totally off topic lol.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, just you.

And in a thread celebrating a user's 4-year-old daughter.

Good job, Mr. Curmudgeon.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:36
    S'all good bud. My daughter is half Chinese, so it's not totally off topic lol.
    Enjoy every minute you can with her. The father/daughter relationship is precious indeed.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:371 edit
    He also talked in his OP about there being "no English speaking cartoons" in China. 😉
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    He also talked in his OP about there being "no English speaking cartoons" in China. 😉
    Not even 2,000-3,000 years ago either. What's wrong with that place? 😉
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    They do have Guan Tou Qiang though...

YouTube
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:48

[youtube]NrZRn4pR-vM[/youtube]
    Cute. Does your daughter speak Chinese?
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:52
    Cute. Does your daughter speak Chinese?
    Better than me, that's for sure. Wo de Putong hua bu hao,,keshi ta de feichang hao.

She will be my interpreter soon lol.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:55
    Not even 2,000-3,000 years ago either. What's wrong with that place? 😉
    Er... What was "not even 2,000-3,000 years ago either"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 23:58

[youtube]NrZRn4pR-vM[/youtube]
    My word, Chinese bears do get into some scrapes!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 04:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And in a thread celebrating a user's 4-year-old daughter.
    I have done my celebrating with huckleberryhound in private. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree