My dream

My dream

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 16
2 edits

I was conscious of being on holiday and staring out at the ocean. Everything was bathed in sunlight, the ocean a beautiful pacific blue, the sky azure. I had a model airplane that when you pulled the wings out of their recess it wound up the propeller. I launched it and it flew out into the ocean. I decided to follow my aircraft and diving out it took an age before I splashed into the water and swam to retrieve my airplane bobbing about in the water. However I noticed some shadowy figure in the shape of a shark lurking in the depth and panic ensued as i swan frantically for land. On reaching safety it was to my relief a tiny little shark no larger than ones hand and I had an overwhelming sense of relief.

I heard music too, it was baroque and so absolutely clear and original that i decided that I should learn harmony and counterpoint and record it for posterity. This I was sure would make me a famous composer and I would live my life having found my true vocation.

I went to our home which was a flat (apartment to our American friends) and in order to get to it we had to tread very carefully on the landing below which our neighbor was trying to make secure with some flimsy entwined willow twigs. I tested it and was not convinced that it would take our combined weights and awoke with the feeling that i should report the building to the local authority as it was dangerous.

I real life i don't live in a flat.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I was conscious of being on holiday and staring out at the ocean. Everything was bathed in sunlight, the ocean a beautiful pacific blue, the sky azure. I had a model airplane that when you pulled the wings out of their recess it wound up the propeller. I launched it and it flew out into the ocean. I decided to follow my aircraft and diving out it took ...[text shortened]... port the building to the local authority as it was dangerous.

And was this incredible "dream" in technicolor with sound?

rc

Moves
27 Jan 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
And was this incredible "dream" in technicolor with sound?
Yes it was, but when i heard the baroque music it went dark, like the chiaroscuro in a Rembrandt painting, all earth colours, browns, burnt sienna etc

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Jan 16
1 edit

I was conscious of being on holiday and staring out at the ocean. Everything was bathed in sunlight, the ocean a beautiful pacific blue, the sky azure. I had a model airplane that when you pulled the wings out of their recess it wound up the propeller. I launched it and it flew out into the ocean. I decided to follow my aircraft and diving out it t ...[text shortened]... the building to the local authority as it was dangerous.

The plane symbolizes your childhood dreams, the ocean the future world that stretched out before you. In your dream you chose to follow your childhood dream into the world, which on appearance seemed beautiful, but in reality held hidden dangers where your dreams could be lost or devoured by unforeseen misfortune. As it transpired however, these dangers were not as bad as their first seemed. (The moral being not to give up on your dreams when you encounter the unexpected).

The flat with the flimsy floor is much more profound,....but would require a payment of 12 hundred pounds for professional elaboration.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The plane symbolizes your childhood dreams, the ocean the future world that stretched out before you. In your dream you chose to follow your childhood dream into the world, which on appearance seemed beautiful, but in reality held hidden dangers where your dreams could be lost or devoured by unforeseen misfortune. As it transpired however, these dang ...[text shortened]... more profound,....but would require a payment of 12 hundred pounds for professional elaboration.
12 hundred pounds sterling? Can we trade a chess lessons in part exchange 😀

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Jan 16

12 hundred pounds sterling? Can we trade a chess lessons in part exchange 😀
To verify your chess brilliance, send me a challenge...

rc

Moves
27 Jan 16

To verify your chess brilliance, send me a challenge...
Sure which side do you prefer (last time attempted to verify my brilliance I got beat up by Proper knob), the shame of it.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Jan 16

Sure which side do you prefer (last time attempted to verify my brilliance I got beat up by Proper knob), the shame of it.
I prefer the winning side. 🙂

Don't mind playing black.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 16

I prefer the winning side. 🙂

Don't mind playing black.
hehe , ill randomize it 😀

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Jan 16

The plane symbolizes your childhood dreams, the ocean the future world that stretched out before you. In your dream you chose to follow your childhood dream into the world, which on appearance seemed beautiful, but in reality held hidden dangers where your dreams could be lost or devoured by unforeseen misfortune. As it transpired however, these dang ...[text shortened]... more profound,....but would require a payment of 12 hundred pounds for professional elaboration.
Oh come on, the flat is easily enough interpreted. The entire dream represents a segment of time in his life most of us have experienced.

It usually starts after leaving home (teens to early twenties) and extends until reaching a place where you finally feel settled in... I'm roughly guessing somewhere between the ages of thirty and forty. Anyway, the flat in his dream makes sense... because renting a flat before owning a home makes sense.

Oh, and by the way... no charge for this interpretation. The first one is always free.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
27 Jan 16

You want to be free of the Jw's elders and the shark represents them.
They cannot destroy you and only loom large in your dreams.
In reality they are just pip squeaks and your dream is telling you this.

Moves
28 Jan 16
2 edits

I was conscious of being on holiday and staring out at the ocean. Everything was bathed in sunlight, the ocean a beautiful pacific blue, the sky azure. I had a model airplane that when you pulled the wings out of their recess it wound up the propeller. I launched it and it flew out into the ocean. I decided to follow my aircraft and diving out it t ...[text shortened]... the building to the local authority as it was dangerous.

Leaving all the silly banter apart for a moment, this is a well intended post from myself to you.

The dream is a representation of an aspirational hope that is within you but is generating an internal struggle deep within you.

The view you see is your future, or one potential future. It is beautiful, open, free and aspirational. It is good. The sun rises and falls over a expanse of peace.

The model airplane represents a mental construct of this life change you have created privately in your mind and are seeking to test or explore over a sea of uncertainty and nowhere to land if it doesn't fly. The plane is small and fragile and possibly a metaphorical single seater. You doubt your piloting abilities but you should not as they are in fact, excellent.

The shark is the threat of the unknown and should your model place crash into the sea of uncertainty, there is a part of you (and all of us) that fears drowning in this sea of change.

The flat/appartment represents your current world view/status quo. The apartment's foundations are already undermined by the positive change energy you are generating and you have a genuine concern for those around around you and how this new exploration or new life or spiritual change will affect them.

If this interpretation resonates, then I sincerely wish you all the best with it. 🙂

rc

Moves
28 Jan 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Leaving all the silly banter apart for a moment, this is a well intended post from myself to you.

The dream is a representation of an aspirational hope that is within you but is generating an internal struggle deep within you.

The view you see is your future, or one potential future. It is beautiful, open, free and aspirational. It is good. The sun ...[text shortened]... t them.

If this interpretation resonates, then I sincerely wish you all the best with it. 🙂
Thats fairly profound, I need to digest it.

From what I understand our dreams are simply the manifestation of our minds mechanism for dealing with issues that somehow remain leftover and unresolved in our minds 'cache', to borrow a term from computing.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
Oh come on, the flat is easily enough interpreted. The entire dream represents a segment of time in his life most of us have experienced.

It usually starts after leaving home (teens to early twenties) and extends until reaching a place where you finally feel settled in... I'm roughly guessing somewhere between the ages of thirty and forty. Anywa ...[text shortened]... nse.

Oh, and by the way... no charge for this interpretation. The first one is always free.
Yes it did resemble a place I used to live when I was a student. Your interpretation is very logical.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Jan 16

Originally posted by lemon lime

It usually starts after leaving home (teens to early twenties) and extends until reaching a place where you finally feel settled in... I'm roughly guessing somewhere between the ages of thirty and forty. Anywa ...[text shortened]... nse.

The Ghost has taught you well young padawan...