1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Feb '24 21:58
    @a-unique-nickname said
    And cheap. Even last year about £1:50 for rice and seafood in a local restaurant. Amazing. One of the simple pleasures if life, pad Thai on the street for about 20 baht.
    How is the food cheap there, when everyone else in the world is complaining about food prices?

-VR
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '24 22:14
    @very-rusty said
    How is the food cheap there, when everyone else in the world is complaining about food prices?

-VR
    Energy prices. Food prices are only up because of oil and gas companies.
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 08:021 edit
    You are eating an Indian or a Thai dish? Are you ordering in Thailand? Sound a bit confusing.

Are you having street food or in a restaurant?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 08:331 edit
    @congruent said
    You can't handle a Aloo Gobi Recipe (Cauliflower Potato Curry)? Wuss.

Try a Goan Aloo Vindaloo.

Ask them to give you some red bird's eye chillis.
    So he is complaining about a dish, that was overly spiced and your reaction is to say it should be even more spicy? What's up with you?

I can't understand the people wo want dishes so sharp that they can't possibly taste anything due to overlaoded sensorics...

Edit: corrected some typos
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 08:41
    @ponderable said
    So he is comllaiing about a dish, that was overly spiced and your reaction is to say it should be even more spicy? What's up with oyu?

I can't understand the people wo want dishes so sharp that they can't possibly taste anything due to overlaodade sensorics...
    It’s a macho thing with some males.
    Who can eat the spiciest curry and pretend they are enjoying it.
    Was a thing on lad’s nights out here in the UK maybe 20 - 30 years ago.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 09:27
    @divegeester said
    It’s a macho thing with some males.
    Who can eat the spiciest curry and pretend they are enjoying it.
    Was a thing on lad’s nights out here in the UK maybe 20 - 30 years ago.
    Its a shock sometimes,we went ou for Thai a few weeks back I picked what I thought was a medium chicken dish,it was so hot you could have pierced my lips.I would buy it again but would have ordered some fruit with it,I find pineapple takes the sting out.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 10:20
    @david-burton said
    Its a shock sometimes,we went ou for Thai a few weeks back I picked what I thought was a medium chicken dish,it was so hot you could have pierced my lips.I would buy it again but would have ordered some fruit with it,I find pineapple takes the sting out.
    The most expensive restaurant I ever went to was in Richmond. (Lots of photos of celebrities on the walls who'd eaten there). Had only just started working in London and it was a gathering to wish bon voyage to a friend who was relocating abroad. I ordered some kind of pasta dish and was shocked at how hot it was. I think I managed 2 mouthfuls. - Everyone of course thought it was hilarious.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 10:27
    @congruent said
    You are eating an Indian or a Thai dish? Are you ordering in Thailand? Sound a bit confusing.

Are you having street food or in a restaurant?
    You're not very bright. Clearly said I was eating an Indian yesterday and talked about Thai food in the past... Keep up.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 10:28
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The most expensive restaurant I ever went to was in Richmond. (Lots of photos of celebrities on the walls who'd eaten there). Had only just started working in London and it was a gathering to wish bon voyage to a friend who was relocating abroad. I ordered some kind of pasta dish and was shocked at how hot it was. I think I managed 2 mouthfuls. - Everyone of course thought it was hilarious.
    You should have brought a goat to polish it off.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 10:37
    @a-unique-nickname said
    You should have brought a goat to polish it off.
    Whatever floats your goat.
  11. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 11:27
    @a-unique-nickname said
    You're not very bright. Clearly said I was eating an Indian yesterday and talked about Thai food in the past... Keep up.
    You wrote Indian. Dal saag and alo gobi with rice.

Don't swear at me it's Sunday.
  12. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 11:28
    @ponderable said
    So he is complaining about a dish, that was overly spiced and your reaction is to say it should be even more spicy? What's up with you?

I can't understand the people wo want dishes so sharp that they can't possibly taste anything due to overlaoded sensorics...

Edit: corrected some typos
    Lol, it was meant to be sarcastic.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '24 11:38
    @congruent said
    You wrote Indian. Dal saag and alo gobi with rice.

Don't swear at me it's Sunday.
    Ya scallywag 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree