1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 18:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But what you blokes eat really can't be called "food".
    true cos we just nosh it down regardless jellied eels, pie and mash real biscuits not cookies.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 23:04
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    He/she flies the American flag so you do the math. 😉
    He/she? You don't know?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 23:17
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    He/she? You don't know?
    Well, truth be told, lemons or limes don't have gender and you really can't tell the gender of a monkey just by looking at it, either.

But I agree, from your posts, it's quite obvious.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 23:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, truth be told, lemons or limes don't have gender and you really can't tell the gender of a monkey just by looking at it, either.

It seems obvious to me too. But I have the advantage of actually knowing, so for me it doesn't involve a whole lot of guess work.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 23:37
    I want to make sure I do this holiday right. So in order to avoid a mistake I will also be taking a cheesecake out for lunch.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 09:37
    I ate a piece of cheesecake today.

Does that count as treason?
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 19:02
    Originally posted by Ponderable

I think we can turn a blind eye sir.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 06:53
    Originally posted by Ponderable

No, and for two very good reasons:

1. I've been stuffing my face with cheesecake since Monday evening
    2. I think it is strictly an American holiday

But just to be on the safe side, any foreign national eating cheesecake before July 30th in the US should be advised they do so at their own risk.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 08:00
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    But just to be on the safe side, any foreign national eating cheesecake before July 30th in the US should be advised they do so at their own risk.
    One of the best slices of cheesecake I've had in recent years was in the branch of Starbucks in Kuala Lumpur airport right outside the exit from the international Arrivals Hall. I doubt the U.S. has anything to match it, it was that good.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 22:31
    FANWOOD, NJ – July 30 is National Cheesecake Day.

"Cheesecake has been around since the times of the Greeks and the Romans. The modern cheesecake owes much to one of America’s most famous brands; James Kraft is credited with pasteurizing cream cheese in 1912. He later acquired a trademark and marketed his product as Philadelphia Cream Cheese, which is now commonly used in cheesecake recipes."

"Cheesecakes are often topped with fruits, such as raspberries and blueberries. They are also frequently prepared in flavors, such as strawberry, pumpkin, key lime, and chocolate."

"While most cheesecakes in the U.S. are made with cream cheese, in other countries, different types of cheese are used. Ricotta cheese is often the choice in Italy, for instance. New York-style cheesecake recipes incorporate heavy cream or sour cream that give them their distinctive tastes."

"To celebrate locally, Mara’s Café & Bakery, recognized as one of the top cheesecakes in New Jersey, is offering free 7-inch cheesecakes to the 50th, 100th, 150th, and 200th customers today. Flavors include Original Country Cheesecake, Almond Brownie Cheesecake, Wildberry Cheesecake, and Carmel Apple Cheesecake."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree