1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 21:47
    Why does England or America have no national costume?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 22:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A better question: Why does Scotland have one?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 22:374 edits
    Cultural diversity. We have the three piece suit set, recently infiltrated by the female power outfit set, the bling set, the hoodie set, the cowboy set, the surfer set, the country club set, the unrepentant hippie set, the Walmart set (ewwww!) the hipster set, the geek set, the rah rah sports fan set, etc.

Edit: the cosplay set, a few specific kink sets, and in San Francisco, the naked set. We even have room for a kilts and bagpipes set.
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    13 Sep '16 23:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    America has one too...it just requires blood and smallpox to make it authentic.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 00:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    Cultural diversity. We have the three piece suit set, recently infiltrated by the female power outfit set, the bling set, the hoodie set, the cowboy set, the surfer set, the country club set, the unrepentant hippie set, the Walmart set (ewwww!) the hipster set, the geek set, the rah rah sports fan set, etc.

Edit: the cosplay set, a few specific kink sets, and in San Francisco, the naked set. We even have room for a kilts and bagpipes set.
    Oh, and civil war and revolutionary war reenactors.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 05:55
    They do.

England has the Adidas tracksuit.

The USA has the hospital robe.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 07:50

Ok i see, America is just too diverse for a single kind of style thus the regional costumes. What about England, its minuscule in comparison, why doesn't it have a national costume? Just out of interest whats a waltmart set? Is that like pink joggies with JUICY across the backside?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 07:583 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Its not only Scotland but practically all of Europe that has some kind of national costume, except as far as i can tell, England and I just wondered why that is. It makes sense in the case of America as JS357 states its just too diverse, but can this really be said of England? maybe, I dunno? The Scottish national costume arose out of what was practical, wool for fabric and a need for a garment that could double as a cover when one was out sleeping in the heather, thus the full length Scottish plaid, a piece of tartan cloth roughly twenty two feet in length that could double as a blanket. The sporran was used originally to carry oats that could be easily mixed with water when out campaigning. The types of kilts that one normally sees at weddings are fake and invented by some Victorian in the 1800's.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 07:58
    Originally posted by Seitse
    They do.

England has the Adidas tracksuit.

The USA has the hospital robe.
    😀
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 08:29
    Ok i see, America is just too diverse for a single kind of style thus the regional costumes. What about England, its minuscule in comparison, why doesn't it have a national costume? Just out of interest whats a waltmart set? Is that like pink joggies with JUICY across the backside?
    Google search walmart people (not waltmart} and then click on images.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 11:19
    Yes, they do:
    England men
    http://c8.alamy.com/comp/ACBNF0/beefeater-tower-of-london-england-uk-yeoman-warder-costume-history-ACBNF0.jpg
    England women
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ti0AAOSwWTRW0~2h/s-l300.jpg

America's national costume--->
    https://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/funworld/131024-Adult-Native-American-Indian-Brave-Costume-large.jpg
    and for women
    https://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/funworld/111024-Adult-Native-American-Indian-Female-Costume-large.jpg
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 11:20
    England - alternative:::
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/25/19/0B6D43ED00000578-3139387-image-m-3_1435258664369.jpg
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 13:52
    Google search walmart people (not waltmart} and then click on images.
    I don't see any particular style just some fatties with rather poor dress sense.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 13:59
    I don't see any particular style just some fatties with rather poor dress sense.
    nuff said.😉
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 16:24
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    nuff said.😉
    It seems that Canada is maybe a Mounte or a native Canadian style outfit. I though it would be like a Davy Crockett hat or something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree