1. Gwent
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:09
    Would it be possible to add Europe and The World to the list of nations please? I don`t want people to think that I i/d with backward little Britain or Wales; I would much prefer to identify with Europe. Thanks in anticipation.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 00:59
    Originally posted by Bychan
    Would it be possible to add Europe and The World to the list of nations please? I don`t want people to think that I i/d with backward little Britain or Wales; I would much prefer to identify with Europe. Thanks in anticipation.
    Probably not.

It is intended to give people an idea of where you live so that other consideration may be given, such as what time of day you might be on to play your games, etc. It's not really intended to be a "political statement". That's not its purpose.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 02:58
    Would it be possible to add Europe and The World to the list of nations please? I don`t want people to think that I i/d with backward little Britain or Wales...
    But won't the backwardness you are exhibiting with this OP just end up tainting whatever national identity you adopt. 😉
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 03:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Probably not.

It is intended to give people an idea of where you live so that other consideration may be given, such as what time of day you might be on to play your games, etc. It's not really intended to be a "political statement". That's not its purpose.
    I agree with this - the little flag should really represent a timezone indicator, but it loses that benefit when a Japanese permanently resident in the UK displays a Japanese flag, for example. Perhaps for the sake of discouraging displays of tribal loyalties, we could display our timezone number instead. Yeah, boring, I know.
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 04:212 edits
    This would have been better posted in the 'site ideas' or 'help' forums
    -unless you are making some sort of political statement of course...
    in which case, make one. But best not to use the site features as a tool in which to do so.
    Presumably you originate from backward little Britain, so very surprised you were unaware that Wales is actually a part of Britain. How odd.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 04:41
    ** Human Geography zinger **
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 07:221 edit
    Nobody cares where you're from.
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 08:532 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I agree with this - the little flag should really represent a timezone indicator, but it loses that benefit when a Japanese permanently resident in the UK displays a Japanese flag, for example. Perhaps for the sake of discouraging displays of tribal loyalties, we could display our timezone number instead. Yeah, boring, I know.
    My schedule is any time of day or night at random. And I sometimes get bashed for flying a certain flag. So .Does it really matter? Edit to add: I alway look at a players games and see when and how often they move. 😉
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 10:02
    National identity
    Being "British" is an apt and useful label for me. I am ethnic Irish born in the England part of the U.K. where I also grew up. My accent places my upbringing in the south east part of England. I have a U.K. passport and I do not have Irish citizenship. I have never ever introduced myself or described myself as "English" to anyone, although others do. So, "British" is my descriptor and, I suppose, my national identity too, although I am not exactly sure what "identity" means or entails. I haven't lived in the U.K. for more than 25 years.
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 15:12
    "European" is quite a big Label. And it applies to Greeks as wella stop Spaniards Irish or Finnish.
    And a lot of "Americans" are of "european" descend...
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 15:55
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    "European" is quite a big Label. And it applies to Greeks as wella stop Spaniards Irish or Finnish.
    And a lot of "Americans" are of "european" descend...
    Truth be told, P, we are all from African descent.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 16:04
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Is Africa on the RHP list of countries?
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 16:07
    And from a wolf came a poodle .
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Is Africa on the RHP list of countries?
    Just the South but I'm working on it.
  15. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Jan '17 08:45
    It all depends where you start 🙂

The concept of "Nation" was most probably not born when my African ancestors began their migration north 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree