General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    28 Oct '12 01:16
    What's your choice?
    Mine is Oban.
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    96991
    28 Oct '12 01:22
    Westmalle
  3. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Joined
    25 Sep '05
    Moves
    55287
    28 Oct '12 01:26
    Lagavulin
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    28 Oct '12 01:29
    Originally posted by cadwah
    Lagavulin
    I know the Gods would give a thumbs up.
  5. Under Cover
    Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    28912
    29 Oct '12 14:35
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    What's your choice?
    Mine is Oban.
    I second that motion... (But only for special occasions. For general purpose consumption I'm happy with JW Black Label or Glenlivet 18 yr).
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    29 Oct '12 22:05
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    I second that motion... (But only for special occasions. For general purpose consumption I'm happy with JW Black Label or Glenlivet 18 yr).
    Speaking of Glenlivet I was at a friend's last night and he offered me a dram of Glenlivet XXV. Very nice indeed though beyond my means.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    29 Oct '12 22:293 edits
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Speaking of Glenlivet I was at a friend's last night and he offered me a dram of Glenlivet XXV. Very nice indeed though beyond my means.
    Glenlivet is what you drink when you have nothing else left 😛 nothing comes close to
    the island malts, Talisker from Skye leaves you in no doubt, it arrests your palate but
    my personal favourite is Bunnahabhain (pronounced, boon-a-haven), from Islay.
    There is nothing like a mountain climb, come in off the hills kick of your walking boots
    at the door, sit beside the fire, listen to the fiddles, order a dram and hope someone
    else is driving 🙂
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    29 Oct '12 23:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Glenlivet is what you drink when you have nothing else left 😛 nothing comes close to
    the island malts, Talisker from Skye leaves you in no doubt, it arrests your palate but
    my personal favourite is Bunnahabhain (pronounced, boon-a-haven), from Islay.
    There is nothing like a mountain climb, come in off the hills kick of your walking boots
    a ...[text shortened]... , sit beside the fire, listen to the fiddles, order a dram and hope someone
    else is driving 🙂
    I've had Talisker but not Bunnahabhain. I will investigate to see if it's available over here.
    What one drinks if there is nothing left is The Famous Grouse or The Black Grouse. OK I know they're blended but sometimes one doesn't have a choice (if at a friends, who has little taste for good whisky).
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    30 Oct '12 15:161 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I've had Talisker but not Bunnahabhain. I will investigate to see if it's available over here.
    What one drinks if there is nothing left is The Famous Grouse or The Black Grouse. OK I know they're blended but sometimes one doesn't have a choice (if at a friends, who has little taste for good whisky).
    blended, i have a cupboard full of blended whisky which people give me but i cannot
    bring myself to drink, urgh, perish the thought. An underrated malt is in my opinion
    Bowmore, you can get it in the supermarkets, but its divinely smooth, so smooth in fact
    that you had better watch out before its too late and you are feeling the effects from
    the bottom up 😛 some people like the speyside and highland malts, Glenmorangie and
    The Macallan, Orkney has a surprisingly good malt, Highland Park which comes
    recommended. It would be a scandal if you could not get Bunnahabhain in Canada!
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    31 Oct '12 00:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    blended, i have a cupboard full of blended whisky which people give me but i cannot
    bring myself to drink, urgh, perish the thought. An underrated malt is in my opinion
    Bowmore, you can get it in the supermarkets, but its divinely smooth, so smooth in fact
    that you had better watch out before its too late and you are feeling the effects from ...[text shortened]... k which comes
    recommended. It would be a scandal if you could not get Bunnahabhain in Canada!
    I plan on going to "the Big City" (London, Ontario) in the next while and will make a point of finding out if it is indeed available to me. I am intrigued.
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '12 09:54
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I plan on going to "the Big City" (London, Ontario) in the next while and will make a point of finding out if it is indeed available to me. I am intrigued.
    Its the king in my opinion, someone mentioned Lagavulin which is quite good,
    compared to Bunnahabhain, its like aftershave 😛
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    31 Oct '12 13:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its the king in my opinion, someone mentioned Lagavulin which is quite good,
    compared to Bunnahabhain, its like aftershave 😛
    *LOL* I'll take your word on that as I've never "tried" (other than splashing a bit on my face) drinking it...aftershave I mean.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    322192
    29 Dec '12 23:32
    How did a thread titled Nectar of the Gods get to be a thread about whisky? Horrible stuff. 😕
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    29 Dec '12 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    How did a thread titled Nectar of the Gods get to be a thread about whisky? Horrible stuff. 😕
    Hello Kewpie. Aussies know nothing about whiskey.



    Or Whisky as the Scots spell it.

    The best you lot can do is Fosters.

    I will drink most whisk(e)ys. I do however agree with Robbie.
    When it comes to Scotch, single malt is better than a blend.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97123
    30 Dec '12 00:36
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Hello Kewpie. Aussies know nothing about whiskey.



    Or Whisky as the Scots spell it.

    The best you lot can do is Fosters.

    I will drink most whisk(e)ys. I do however agree with Robbie.
    When it comes to Scotch, single malt is better than a blend.
    Blends are like drinking "light" beers. One may choose to drink them at a friends but one would never buy one themselves.
Back to Top