1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 05:421 edit
    Perhaps the Sports Forum and Culture Forum could be merged with the General Forum (creating more choice and a wider exposure for contributions and contributors), and then a new Negativity Forum (NF) set up to siphon off some of what would otherwise go on there (i.e. at the new consolidated GF), added to which there would be all the negativity siphoned off from the Debates Forum, rendering that an interesting place to chat about current affairs without being drowned in misanthropy, while the SF could be left as it is [as 'negativity' is an integral ingredient (and/or product) of the "spirituality" of many of the religious people there], and all this could be semi-automated using a Send To The NF button next to the Thumbs Up and Down and Post Alert buttons. What do you think?
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 07:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps the Sports Forum and Culture Forum could be merged with the General Forum (creating more choice and a wider exposure for contributions and contributors), and then a new Negativity Forum (NF) set up to siphon off some of what would otherwise go on there (i.e. at the new consolidated GF), added to which there would be all the negativity siphoned off from t ...[text shortened]... Send To The NF button next to the Thumbs Up and Down and Post Alert buttons. What do you think?
    I don't know
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 07:48
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I don't know
    Now, you see? Someone could take this mostly negative response from you - if they choose to - and press the Send To The NF button, and then this thread could sail on in its merry way with people who DO know. 😉
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 07:55
    I fear this could be abused. Someone could send to the NF every post which didn't fit into their world view, so the thread could end up being a monologue.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 08:13
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I fear this could be abused. Someone could send to the NF every post which didn't fit into their world view, so the thread could end up being a monologue.
    Sorry Kewpie: I'm pressing the Send To The NF button for your post because your response to my proposal does not fit my world view.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 08:19
    Where's the button? I want one so that I can send your negative post to oblivion.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 08:28
    Where's the button? I want one so that I can send your negative post to oblivion.
    The Send To The NF button is still at the hypothetical stage. And yet you have now copped it twice, which is some going.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 08:47
    How come you kick me but not lemondrop? That's discrimination against dolls. 😠
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 08:50
    How come you kick me but not lemondrop? That's discrimination against dolls. 😠
    To seek to characterize DISCERNMENT as DISCRIMINATION gets the button again, Kewpie.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    To seek to characterize DISCERNMENT as DISCRIMINATION gets the button again, Kewpie.
    I'd like to know what the "button" would look like please; how would it be rendered and in what colours. Would it, for example, have within it a charicature of a negative person, a negative emoticon or a huge captital "N"?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 11:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'd like to know what the "button" would look like please; how would it be rendered and in what colours. Would it, for example, have within it a charicature of a negative person, a negative emoticon or a huge captital "N"?
    It could be a tiny animation: eyes closed in a kind of gesture of insouciance combined with a sweep of the back of the hand from left to right in front of the face as if dispatching a mosquito that is intent on landing upon one's turned up nose. Unless you have a better idea?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 11:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It could be a tiny animation: eyes closed in a kind of gesture of insouciance combined with a sweep of the back of the hand from left to right in front of the face as if dispatching a mosquito that is intent on landing upon one's turned up nose. Unless you have a better idea?
    I had a couple of ideas:

One was to have a gif of a cross-eyed giant using tweasers to pick tiny kernels of sweetcorn out of a big pile of elephant poo.
    The other was also a gif, but this time a bunch of kids playing football in the street and a wizened old miserly strict person (males or female) come out with a knife which they put through the ball.

I'm sure I'll have other ideas.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 12:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    One was to have a gif of a cross-eyed giant using tweasers to pick tiny kernels of sweetcorn out of a big pile of elephant poo. The other was also a gif, but this time a bunch of kids playing football in the street and a wizened old miserly strict person (males or female) come out with a knife which they put through the ball.

"Old"? 😲
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 12:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps the Sports Forum and Culture Forum could be merged with the General Forum (creating more choice and a wider exposure for contributions and contributors), and then a new Negativity Forum (NF) set up to siphon off some of what would otherwise go on there (i.e. at the new consolidated GF), added to which there would be all the negativity siphoned off from t ...[text shortened]... Send To The NF button next to the Thumbs Up and Down and Post Alert buttons. What do you think?
    I think a new definition of "Forums" using your bizarro convoluted concepts would be ruinous to this site.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 13:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think a new definition of "Forums" using your bizarro convoluted concepts would be ruinous to this site.
    Ouch! I'm pressing the Send To The NF button for this post of yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree