1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 13:13
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I fear this could be abused. Someone could send to the NF every post which didn't fit into their world view, so the thread could end up being a monologue.
    This could work if only mods can move a post to the NF. Hitting the button could alert mods, and they would decide whether it's indeed a negative post.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 15:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps the Sports Forum and Culture Forum could be merged with the General Forum (creating more choice and a wider exposure for contributions and contributors), and then a new Negativity Forum (NF) set up to siphon off some of what would otherwise go on there (i.e. at the new consolidated GF), added to which there would be all the negativity siphoned off from t ...[text shortened]... Send To The NF button next to the Thumbs Up and Down and Post Alert buttons. What do you think?
    Crap post, crap thread.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 15:09
    Originally posted by vivify
    This could work if only mods can move a post to the NF. Hitting the button could alert mods, and they would decide whether it's indeed a negative post.
    A solution looking for a problem.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 15:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Crap post, crap thread.
    I'll let this post pass, for now, without pressing the Send To The NF button in the interests of balance, but once my plan is implemented posts like this will be toast, literally**.

** See Ghost of a Duke, I can make more elaborate things than just stuff in a pot that needs stirring.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 15:13
    Hit the "F" button.

Reveal Hidden Content
    facetious
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 15:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll let this post pass, for now, without pressing the Send To The NF button in the interests of balance, but once my plan is implemented posts like this will be toast, literally**.

** See Ghost of a Duke, I can make more elaborate things than just stuff in a pot that needs stirring.
    Why wait? Pussy.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 15:40
    Why wait? Pussy.
    Waiting is in the interests of balance at the present time.
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 16:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Now, you see? Someone could take this mostly negative response from you - if they choose to - and press the Send To The NF button, and then this thread could sail on in its merry way with people who DO know. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    what is the NF button?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 16:38
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    what is the NF button?
    Not sure yet, but it might end up being a cross-eyed giant using tweezers to pick tiny kernels of sweetcorn out of a big pile of elephant poo.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 16:52
    A solution looking for a problem.
    Negative posts aren't a problem on this forum?
  11. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 16:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps the Sports Forum and Culture Forum could be merged with the General Forum (creating more choice and a wider exposure for contributions and contributors), and then a new Negativity Forum (NF) set up to siphon off some of what would otherwise go on there (i.e. at the new consolidated GF), added to which there would be all the negativity siphoned off from t ...[text shortened]... Send To The NF button next to the Thumbs Up and Down and Post Alert buttons. What do you think?
    this belongs in site ideas,

spunky...
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Negative posts aren't a problem on this forum?
    The question mark makes this dodgy. With the question mark, it has an air of negativity. It'd be better as a statement.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 16:59
    Originally posted by rookie54
    this belongs in site ideas
    But it's the forum experience of all General Forumers I intend to alter, so I thought it'd be good to be seen to be doing a kind of consultation with them. I don't really care what the regular crown at the Site Ideas Forum think.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 19:431 edit
    This thread seems to be attracting some interest. Even our regular humour-free naysayers have posted in it. Maybe we really DO need a Negativity Forum. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 19:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sir,
    I don't like the idea. I believe it would lead to abuse and make things worst than they are now. Shouldn't you have posted this in Site ideas? Or did you put it in both places?
    Kindest Regards,
    Have a wonderful evening,
    Sincerely,
    -VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree