General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    23 Mar '14 22:44
    No one knows nothing anymore
    Nobody really knows the score
    Nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again
  2. Joined
    12 Dec '13
    Moves
    28350
    23 Mar '14 23:11
    Then she comes back and asks me
    To sing all her favourite songs
    As if she's never been away
    As if she's done nothing wrong
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    23 Mar '14 23:13
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    No one knows nothing anymore
    Nobody really knows the score
    Nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again
    http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/No-One-Knows-Nothing-Anymore-lyrics-Billy-Bragg/C3640DE6029745C248257B340

    No One Knows Nothing Anymore Lyrics - Billy Bragg

    quote

    Deep down in the underground
    Atoms spinning round and round
    Scientists monitor readings
    Searching for the Holy Grail
    The particle or at least the tail
    Of the one that gives the universe its meaning

    But what if there's nothing, no big answer to find
    What if we're just passing through time

    No one knows nothing anymore
    Nobody really knows the score
    Nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again

    What happens when the markets drop
    If the numbers really don't add up
    Everyone seeks the safe heaven
    And as they contemplate their ruin
    The self proclaimed smartest people in the room
    Are trying very hard not to sound craven

    But what if there's nothing, no put of gold to find
    Only the blind leading the blind

    No one knows nothing anymore
    Nobody really knows the score
    Seems nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again

    Let's stop pretending we can manage our way out of here
    Let's stop defending the indefensible
    Let's stop relying on the lecturing of the experts
    Whose spin just make our plight incomprehensible
    High up on a mountain top
    Somebody with a skinned crop is thinking deep thoughts for us all
    Serenity is all around, bet if you listen you can hear the sound
    Of one head being banged against the wall
    What if our ancestors had stayed up in the trees
    Would we still be weighed down by these worries

    No one knows nothing anymore
    Nobody really knows the score
    Seems nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again

    unquote.
  4. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    24 Mar '14 00:05
    Originally posted by JS357
    http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/No-One-Knows-Nothing-Anymore-lyrics-Billy-Bragg/C3640DE6029745C248257B340

    No One Knows Nothing Anymore Lyrics - Billy Bragg

    quote

    Deep down in the underground
    Atoms spinning round and round
    Scientists monitor readings
    Searching for the Holy Grail
    The particle or at least the tail
    Of the one that gives the un ...[text shortened]... ly knows the score
    Seems nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again

    unquote.
    Wow...you can google.

    Now, without help...

    And the people in the houses
    All went to the university,
    Where they were put in boxes
    And they came out all the same,
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    96981
    24 Mar '14 00:06
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    No one knows nothing anymore
    Nobody really knows the score
    Nobody knows anything
    Let's break it down and start again
    A what?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    24 Mar '14 05:362 edits
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Wow...you can google.

    Now, without help...

    And the people in the houses
    All went to the university,
    Where they were put in boxes
    And they came out all the same,
    Ticky tacky? Pete? I guess. No google, but the meter and sentiment is right.

    I live near the inspiration, Daly City CA.

    Edit: Now, googling, I see it's called Little Boxes. Malvina. "Reynolds was a folk singer-songwriter and political activist in the 1960s and 1970s. Nancy Reynolds, her daughter, explained that her mother came up with the song when she saw the housing developments around Daly City, California, built in the post-war era by Henry Doelger, particularly the neighborhood of Westlake."

    The internet is a legitimate brain extension, and is no more reliable.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    24 Mar '14 21:51
    Originally posted by JS357
    Ticky tacky? Pete? I guess. No google, but the meter and sentiment is right.

    I live near the inspiration, Daly City CA.

    Edit: Now, googling, I see it's called Little Boxes. Malvina. "Reynolds was a folk singer-songwriter and political activist in the 1960s and 1970s. Nancy Reynolds, her daughter, explained that her mother came up with the song when she s ...[text shortened]... hborhood of Westlake."

    The internet is a legitimate brain extension, and is no more reliable.
    ticky tacky is not a hippy song droog
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    24 Mar '14 22:29
    Originally posted by redbarons
    ticky tacky is not a hippy song droog
    I'm not into labels, man.
  9. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    25 Mar '14 05:08
    Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz
    On your five grand stereo
    Braggin that you know how the niggers feel cold
    And the slums got so much soul
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    25 Mar '14 21:361 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz
    On your five grand stereo
    Braggin that you know how the niggers feel cold
    And the slums got so much soul
    That sounds like a putdown of brothers that aren't really brothers 'cos they made it.
  11. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42038
    28 Mar '14 19:36
    Originally posted by JS357
    That sounds like a putdown of brothers that aren't really brothers 'cos they made it.
    Sorry, been on Holiday...

    YouTube
Back to Top