Moves
    13 Jun '15 17:31
    http://www.elyssia.org/register/70
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 10:36
    Originally posted by Johnny5
    http://www.elyssia.org/register/70
    all of the RPG's (Grepolis etc etc) are simply a rip off of Microsofts Age of Empires, except in a much slower and rather tedious format.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 12:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    all of the RPG's (Grepolis etc etc) are simply a rip off of Microsofts Age of Empires, except in a much slower and rather tedious format.
    Age of Empires is a RTS. RPG stands for role-playing game.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 12:492 edits
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Age of Empires is a RTS. RPG stands for role-playing game.
    gee you dont say. . . .I thought it stood for rocket propelled grenade, now I know!
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 12:53
    gee you dont say. . . .I thought it stood for rocket propelled grenade, now I know!
    The point being that RPGs aren't a rip off of Age of Empires at all. But, being the genius you undoubtedly are, you knew that...
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:091 edit
    The point being that RPGs aren't a rip off of Age of Empires at all. But, being the genius you undoubtedly are, you knew that...
    Sigh if you had a semblance of discernment you would see that I even state that they are simply played at a much more tedious pace, that AoE takes place in real time and RPG take place over a much longer time does not and cannot negate this. Thankyou for highlighting my genius, it was not afore time. - Vince the Prince 😀
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:16
    Sigh if you had a semblance of discernment you would see that I even state that they are simply played at a much more tedious pace, that AoE takes place in real time and RPG take place over a much longer time does not and cannot negate this. Thankyou for highlighting my genius, it was not afore time.
    Unfortunately for you, your comments indicate your own level of discernment and understanding. Just because games are played at different paces doesn't make them similar in other ways. The only other similarity between Age of Empires (real-time strategy games) and RPGs as a genre is that they are games played with a computer; the whole gameplay paradigm of RTS games and RPG games is utterly different, not just the pace of the games.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:222 edits
    Unfortunately for you, your comments indicate your own level of discernment and understanding. Just because games are played at different paces doesn't make them similar in other ways. The only other similarity between Age of Empires (real-time strategy games) and RPGs as a genre is that they are games played with a computer; the whole gameplay paradigm of RTS games and RPG games is utterly different, not just the pace of the games.
    Its not unfortunate for me I even cited an example, Grepolis, almost exactly the same conceptually as AoE, appeasing Gods to gain favours (AoE you collected relics), researching technologies, building certain structures, trading to gain resources, forming alliances, conquering your rivals etc etc need I go on? Now my illustrious fiend, you were saying something about my genius because quite clearly its rather tedious battling against your assumptions.
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:282 edits
    Its not unfortunate for me I even cited and example, Grepolis, almost exactly the same conceptually as AoE, appeasing Gods to gain favours (AoE you collected relics), researching technologies, building certain structures, trading to gain resources, forming alliances, conquering your rivals etc etc need I go on? Now my illustrious fiend, you were say ...[text shortened]... hing about my genius because quite clearly its rather tedious battling against your assumptions.
    Thread title: New RPG game i love check it out

Genre of game Johnny5 posted a link to: RPG

Originally posted by robbie carrobie in response to the OP's link

Actual genre of the game 'Grepolis': RTS

I've highlighted certain words; see if you can spot the pattern. Do you get it yet? Are you a professional troll, because it seems to be all you do?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:421 edit
    Thread title: New [b]RPG game i love check it out

Genre of game Johnny5 posted a link to: RPG

Originally posted by robbie carrobie in response to the OP's link

Actual genre ...[text shortened]... the pattern. Do you get it yet? Are you a professional troll, because it seems to be all you do?[/b]
    Look dude the cult classic stickRPG was played at a much more real time level than was Grepolis, in Grepolis it took almost days to construct anything. Simply because something is termed an RPG or an RTS has no effect whatsoever on the conceptual basis of the game as the example of stickRPG clearly illustrates. Now you can take the medicine and feel better or we can talk some more about my genius, its up to you - Vince the Prince
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:52
    Look dude the cult classic stickRPG was played at a much more real time level than was Grepolis, in Grepolis it took almost days to construct anything. Simply because something is termed an RPG or an RTS has no effect whatsoever on the conceptual basis of the game as the example of stickRPG clearly illustrates. Now you can take the medicine and feel better or we can talk some more about my genius, its up to you - Vince the Prince
    Lol, sometimes I wonder whether you're not a real person, you're just a computer program some anti-social programmer has designed to troll forums. No real person could be that dense. If your developer ever incorporates real knowledge about games into your back end, feel free to apologize.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:14
    Lol, sometimes I wonder whether you're not a real person, you're just a computer program some anti-social programmer has designed to troll forums. No real person could be that dense. If your developer ever incorporates real knowledge about games into your back end, feel free to apologize.
    ok, I apologise for having to school you - Vince the genius.
  13. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:18
    ok, I apologise for having to school you - Vince the genius.
    From your profile:

"Of course, Divegeester follows the troll's 'golden rule' of never admitting error, let alone of offering apology, and keeps dishonestly attacking."

Teensy bit hypocritical? 😉
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 14:262 edits
    From your profile:

"Of course, Divegeester follows the troll's 'golden rule' of never admitting error, let alone of offering apology, and keeps dishonestly attacking."

Teensy bit hypocritical? 😉
    sigh logical fallacies abound

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

not to mention that I did not author the statement that you cite, but it was a valiant if somewhat vain try never the less - Vince the untouchable
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 15:37
    sigh logical fallacies abound

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

not to mention that I did not author the statement that you cite, but it was a valiant if somewhat vain try never the less - Vince the untouchable
    Well Played Zen Master. Back of the net

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree