1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 23:541 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Best evidence is that people contract it by picking it up on their hands then touching
    their eyes or mouth. Of course you can get it by breathing in infected air too.

So, what are your plans?
    Well we don't have any known cases at least any that they have released in our neck of the woods yet. I've survived much in life, so if this gets me I've extended my life expectancy already. I am going to survive though as too many of you would be too happy to hear of my demise. I certainly will not be traveling or going to any Hockey games or other public events. I can't avoid Mcdonald's as I need my coffee fix each day. That is about the only place I will be taking a chance there and grocery store which can't be avoided.

-VR
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 00:092 edits
    @divegeester said
    Sex is ok as long as you wear masks and condoms.
    Do gimp masks count ?
    Just asking for a friend.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 00:16
    @drewnogal said
    An acquaintance in his mid 70’s has bought a self administering oxygen canister with mask from Amazon in case he suddenly gets breathing difficulties. Apparently it just administers 2 quick bursts of a safe concentration of oxygen.
    That sounds absolutely useless!
  4. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 01:511 edit
    @very-rusty said
    May I ask what country you are visiting?

If you look as young as you do look in that picture if it is you and recent, then I believe worst could happen is you get really sick, but it wouldn't kill you as far as they know at this time.

Have a great trip, may God watch over you!

-VR
    I’m going to Germany for respite and to write...I have a few related to the locale...

I’m 104, I’ll be all right since I’ve survived so far.😉

Thank you for the good wishes.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 07:17
    There is a space between blind panic and blind faith, I suggest you find it and stay there. I spend most of my day bringing people to and from hospital. For this reason I spray/wipe down my cab every three customers, and use sanitiser whenever I can. We also have some provisions ready as my wife's family have had to stay in doors for the past couple of weeks, and they have advised her about useful things to keep in stock. We also have n95 face masks at the ready.

A few extra bucks to Dettol is the price I'm willing to pay to be wrong. I don't trust the figures coming from China, or other people to follow proper hygiene procedures.

On a lighter note, I've been keeping off social media for the month of February. Tomorrow I plan to start the conspiracy theory that the Coronavirus was started by Greta Thunberg in order to save the planet, by stopping international travel and trimming the herd. Who's with me???
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 08:042 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    That sounds absolutely useless!
    He’s a smoker and had a reaction to the flu jab. It brought on a chest infection within 10 hrs of administration resulting in acute breathing difficulties a few days later after going up the stairs. It lasted about 30 mins and panicked him though did pass. The following day his GP prescribed a Steroid and antibiotics. I imagine it would help as first aid if he were home alone? It’s a similar concentration to that which the Everest climbers use.

He’s now prescribed inhalers which will also help.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 09:34
    @drewnogal said
    He’s a smoker and had a reaction to the flu jab. It brought on a chest infection within 10 hrs of administration resulting in acute breathing difficulties a few days later after going up the stairs. It lasted about 30 mins and panicked him though did pass. The following day his GP prescribed a Steroid and antibiotics. I imagine it would help as first aid if he were home alo ...[text shortened]... ration to that which the Everest climbers use.

He’s now prescribed inhalers which will also help.
    The prescribed inhalers will be a 100 times
    more effective than a few whiffs of oxygen.

Most "reactions" to flu jabs are coincidental.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 14:45
    @hakima said
    I’m going to Germany for respite and to write...I have a few related to the locale...

104? Man we met a while back and I had no idea you were that old. 😲 I am gobsmacked. 104? You sure didn't look that old. Oh wait we met in 2017 so you were really only 101. OK now that makes sense.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 16:14
    @hakima said

LOL@ 104....Sure you are! 😛 😉

-VR
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 16:20
    @suzianne said
    There you go again... overestimating yourself.
    Yah... as if any turkey baster would want a republibertarian.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 16:22
    @hakima said
    I will be traveling next week.
    I refuse to allow this virus scare to threaten my greatness defense...
    After all - we, as humans, have evolved an immune system for a reason. And this is part of that reason.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 16:24
    @drewnogal said
    Yes, and no need to be nervous about which way you put your partner’s mask on.
    You say mask... you mean ball gag, don't you?

If not - my study, after hours.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 16:25
    @drewnogal said
    An acquaintance in his mid 70’s has bought a self administering oxygen canister with mask from Amazon in case he suddenly gets breathing difficulties. Apparently it just administers 2 quick bursts of a safe concentration of oxygen.
    Amazon... Chinese factories... safe...

Yeah, sure.
  14. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 19:20
    @very-rusty said
    LOL@ 104....Sure you are! 😛 😉

-VR
    That photo is a few years old, taken about the same time I met Stees.

I’m actually 58 rotations around the sun.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 19:30
    @hakima said
    That photo is a few years old, taken about the same time I met Stees.

I’m actually 58 rotations around the sun.
    Holding well in my humble opinion. 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree