@drewnogal
    you're not a stranger
    🤣🤣🤣
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 14:49
    No kissing or shaking hands with strangers ok.

At least get to know them a little first. Strangers are friends you haven't met yet! 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 14:55
    @drewnogal said
    Stay safe, do as the footballers do.
    I'm genuinely struggling with this. My employer has advised us to stop shaking hands, but shaking hands is just what I do. Twice already I have forgotten (though do now carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer).
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 15:01
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm genuinely struggling with this. My employer has advised us to stop shaking hands, but shaking hands is just what I do. Twice already I have forgotten (though do now carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer).
    Here is a simple way not to shake hands and not look rude, just lie and say you haven't been feeling great and don't want to pass anything on to them. 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 15:08
    That's like telling me to stop breathing or talking.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 15:231 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    That's like telling me to stop breathing or talking.
    It is apples and oranges the difference is so great gbs.....take a minute you'll get it! 😉

breathing or talking...........shaking hands two completely different things.

-VR
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 16:26
    I'll worry about it whenever.

I know it's a serious thing but nothing I can do. Just lay low until we know where it goes.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 16:32
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'll worry about it whenever.

I know it's a serious thing but nothing I can do. Just lay low until we know where it goes.
    We don't get very close to strangers, do we? And you can't suspect just anybody to be a threat. I'm not worried.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 16:41
    @drewnogal said
    Sex is ok as long as you wear masks and condoms.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 16:411 edit
    @torunn said
    We don't get very close to strangers, do we? And you can't suspect just anybody to be a threat. I'm not worried.
    You should suspect everyone to be a threat, doesn't mean you have to be worried or afraid. What will be will be and nothing we can do about it. Eventually the Scientists who work in labs will find something but untill then all we can do is grin and bear it.

So far they are saying over 70-80 age group are most at risk. Those of you who are of that age group on this site know who you are, try to lay low if you can. I know it is hard you still have to get groceries.

May God be with all of you!

-VR
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 16:44
    @very-rusty said
    You should suspect everyone to be a threat, doesn't mean you have to be worried or afraid. What will be will be and nothing we can do about it. Eventually the Scientists who work in labs will find something but untill then all we can do is grin and bear it.

So far they are saying over 70-80 age group are most at risk. Those of you who are of that age group on this site ...[text shortened]... if you can. I know it is hard you still have to get groceries.

May God be with all of you!

-VR
    Thank Rusty, and to you too. I live as usual, nothing changed, but I would probably hesitate before buying a flight ticket.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 16:512 edits
    @Torunn

I have friends who live in Newfoundland and are going to Cuba in April. I've told them they should re-consider and are in the age group most at risk for dying from it. So far as I know they are still going. I don't understand why they would do that.

Actually met them through other friends who have more common sense. If something happens they will not have anyone to blame but themselves. I am going to see if the daughters or sons can talk any sense into them. I don't think they fully understand the potential danger they are putting themselves in.

-VR
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 17:012 edits
    @drewnogal said
    Technology is such that we should never have to leave the house ever again.

Just text and send droids to deliver things at home per Amazon.

Procreation may be a challenge, but that's why they make turkey basters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree