Standard memberSteve45
General 05 May '13 00:13
  1. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    05 May '13 00:13
    Hi Russ,

I would just like to ask, if there was a majority of users who were not happy with the new site, would you go back to pre upgrade. Or is that not possible.

Steve
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '13 00:39
    Originally posted by steve45
    Hi Russ,

I would just like to ask, if there was a majority of users who were not happy with the new site, would you go back to pre upgrade. Or is that not possible.

Steve
    Feedback sent to Russ?
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    05 May '13 00:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Feedback sent to Russ?
    Thanks Bobby, ive just done that.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 May '13 06:111 edit
    Hi Russ,

Steve
    Please let us not consign the design of this site to the rule of a mobocracy.

Or if that comes to pass, let it be the subs, not users, that count.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 May '13 07:12
    In earlier times there were "votings" on some points.

I doubt howver that we can agree what a majority constitutes.

As of today we have more than 10.000 active players but only about two to three dozen participants in the forums. So if only about 100 people would vote (and this is rather a big than a small number) would 51 of these constitute the majority?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '13 07:36
    Hi Russ,

Steve
    But the new look site is awesome; I've already sent Russ an extra subscription just for the privilege on being able to browse it.
  7. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    05 May '13 08:21
    mOriginally posted by Ponderable
    In earlier times there were "votings" on some points.

I doubt howver that we can agree what a majority constitutes.

As of today we have more than 10.000 active players but only about two to three dozen participants in the forums. So if only about 100 people would vote (and this is rather a big than a small number) would 51 of these constitute the majority?
    It would be interesting to know if all subscribers voted on the upgrade, what the result would be. I personally think the majority like it, but there are many who dont, like myself. But i think its sad when people are taking it to the extremes, and resigning all there games, and threatening to go to other chess sites. Im not a fan of the upgrade, but am also here for life.

Steve
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 May '13 08:561 edit
    I think if you ask the same question three months down the track, the results would be quite different from the kneejerk reaction one gets to any change. Let's wait and see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree