1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 21:11
    Back in 1967, I was a US Naval Recruit at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. On the first boot camp leave our Company got, we general split between Milwaukee and Chicago. There was an urban legend, or so we thought it was, that there was this beautiful young blond gal who would pick up the recruits and take them back to her apartment. They tended to give her gifts, such as recruits might have, such as their wristwatch. Well, I didn't meet her that leave, but a few "lucky" ones came back swearing that it was true. By the way, they said her dresser drawer was filled with watches when she opened the top one and tossed theirs in on the pile.

That wouldn't be much of a story except that I happened to be stationed at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center for Hospital Corps School following boot camp. Yes, one trip back from Chicago to Great Lakes I met a beautiful blond girl. Her name .. . yes .. . Wanda. Alas, never to see her again. To those who were wondering . .. . it's not an urban legend. She was real, and just as beautiful as her wonderful reputation.
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 21:46
    Originally posted by billyray
    Back in 1967, I was a US Naval Recruit at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. On the first boot camp leave our Company got, we general split between Milwaukee and Chicago. There was an urban legend, or so we thought it was, that there was this beautiful young blond gal who would pick up the recruits and take them back to her apartment. They tended to giv ...[text shortened]... .. . it's not an urban legend. She was real, and just as beautiful as her wonderful reputation.
    How interesting.

Do you want to buy a turd.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 00:26
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    How interesting.

Do you want to buy a turd.
    BEST. SALESPERSON. EVER.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 01:016 edits
    Back in 1967, I was a US Naval Recruit at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. On the first boot camp leave our Company got, we general split between Milwaukee and Chicago. There was an urban legend, or so we thought it was, that there was this beautiful young blond gal who would pick up the recruits and take them back to her apartment. They tended to give h ...[text shortened]... ng . .. . it's not an urban legend. She was real, and just as beautiful as her wonderful reputation.
    billyray, first and most importantly, thank you for your military service on behalf of all citizens of this once proud republic; the price of freedom has always been and still is and always will be complete military victory, unfortunately a forgotten principle today. .

Leslie was the first name of my " beautiful blond girl" teenage heart throb on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. We dated two weeks solid with her parents' approval during their summer vacations our junior and senior high school years. One year later I was invited by her and her parents for a memorable visit in Pennsylvania on New Years' Eve. Said our lingering good byes after a late breakfast the next morning. Then way gradually lead on to labyrinthian way and we never were together again. There's a significant media back story we'll save for another time. Thanks for the nostalgia which contrary to Yogi's oft quoted opinion is still alive and well at least with Boston Lad. Great thread! Thanks, .
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 01:54
    Originally posted by Seitse
    BEST. SALESPERSON. EVER.
    Yes he could work in Tijuana and sell serapes to the gringos
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 06:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ... on behalf of all citizens of this once proud republic...
    - and who gave you authority to speak for them all?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 06:501 edit
    Back in 1967, I was a US Naval Recruit at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. On the first boot camp leave our Company got, we general split between Milwaukee and Chicago. There was an urban legend, or so we thought it was, that there was this beautiful young blond gal who would pick up the recruits and take them back to her apartment. They tended to giv ...[text shortened]... .. . it's not an urban legend. She was real, and just as beautiful as her wonderful reputation.
    How do you know it was the same blond girl?
    Did you give her your wristwatch?
    Did you see the draw of wristwatches?
    And importantly, did you actually get laid?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 06:51
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    - and who gave you authority to speak for them all?
    His computer mouse.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 08:458 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ring of truth in this one, no?
  10. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 09:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No proof, it just happened.
    I didn't give her a gift.
    I only saw her on the way back to the naval station. Never had the chance to visit her at her apartment, so I didn't see the drawer of watches.
    No, I didn't get so much as a kiss.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 12:18
    Not an urban legend: was Lassie actually a male dog? Apparently, yes:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1993-11-03/lifestyle/9311030324_1_lassie-male-dogs-paul-martin
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 13:42
    billyray, first and most importantly, thank you for your military service on behalf of all citizens of this once proud republic; the price of freedom has always been and still is and always will be complete military victory, unfortunately a forgotten principle today. .

Leslie was the first name of my " beautiful blond girl" teenage heart throb on C ...[text shortened]... i's oft quoted opinion is still alive and well at least with Boston Lad. Great thread! Thanks, .
    The paradox of a strong military is that incompetent leaders use it to go stirring up hornets nests around the world.(our lot are just as bad and would be worse if we had your fire power)
    The result is that military personnel get killed and maimed and the general population are less safe.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 14:03
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    The paradox of a strong military is that incompetent leaders use it to go stirring up hornets nests around the world.(our lot are just as bad and would be worse if we had your fire power)
    The result is that military personnel get killed and maimed and the general population are less safe.
    We agree. Leaders must be highly competent with strategic leadership vision anchored to the uncommon virtue of integrity along with common sense.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 15:33

Leslie was the first name of my " beautiful blond girl" teenage heart throb on C ...[text shortened]... i's oft quoted opinion is still alive and well at least with Boston Lad. Great thread! Thanks, .
    On the other hand, we had a legend of a beautiful sounding girl who would call us airmen who were GQ for the night. One time I was GQ. So at about 8 pm I get *the* call.

They were certainly right. Incredibly sexy voice, gist was, 'come on over'. So my shift was up at around 9 PM, Friday night, I got her address, went over to see her.

She lived in a back apartment with a back outside staircase. So I am looking up, and there was a light dangling in an enclosed porch, I could see through the screen door. This was Denver, Colo, I was in a year long complex electronics training program at Lowry Air Force Base. So I start up the back stairs, and all of a sudden, the light disappears. I just thought she had turned it off to meet me in the dark or some such.

No, that was not it. What it was was a woman so large she totally blocked the light from the screen door! So I went inside, and she sat down on this couch, thoroughly indented permanently where she sat. She was huge. And smelly. Very smelly. When I got inside, I said, Oh jeezus, I just realized, I have late duty tonight, have to get back to the base. I beat a hasty retreat!

Ok, so that was the start of that evening. I found a couple of airmen in uniform, as was I, a pretty cold night and I was wearing my blue full length airforce coat. So we are hitching a ride back to the base and this car pulls up, 3 beautiful ladies in a brand new Pontiac. So we all pile in the back seat, and it looked like we were in for a nice ride🙂

So what happens, on of the airmen, total stranger to me, does this projectile vomiting act with hands in front of face, puking all over all three girls, the front seat, back seat, on my shoes, on my coat. OMG what a disaster, the dude was so drunk he has to puke in this brand new car! Needless to say, we were forthwith tossed out of the car and we had a long cold walk back to the base. To say I was disgusted was an understatement!

A night to remember for sure!
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '15 16:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    On the other hand, we had a legend of a beautiful sounding girl who would call us airmen who were GQ for the night. One time I was GQ. So at about 8 pm I get *the* call.

They were certainly right. Incredibly sexy voice, gist was, 'come on over'. So my shift was up at around 9 PM, Friday night, I got her address, went over to see her.

She lived in a back ...[text shortened]... lk back to the base. To say I was disgusted was an understatement!

A night to remember for sure!
    OMG! (slang I've never used until now) Oh, my...........

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree