General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    25 Feb '13 19:04
    Bobby, what happened to your 376 topics of general interest? They went bye-bye.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    25 Feb '13 19:15
    Just be grateful it wasn't 1776.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    25 Feb '13 19:222 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

    Bobby, what happened to your 376 topics of general interest? They went bye-bye.
    Maybe Mr Google's Children borrowed them....
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    25 Feb '13 19:34
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Maybe Mr Google borrowed them....
    Seriously. I thought sure you were going to have a contest and award a free subscription to the user who picked the right topic.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    25 Feb '13 19:39
    While it's true that if you are writing a novel
    it's a good idea to have as many twists as possible,
    the reader will lose interest if the plot is too complicated.


    Best practice would be,

    1. Main plot.
    2. A couple of sub plots.
    3. Lots of sex.
    4. maybe 3 twists.
    5. Big finish.


    Phone your agent to see if the money has arrived from the publisher.

    If not, launch full scale law suit.
  6. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88907
    25 Feb '13 20:55
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Seriously. I thought sure you were going to have a contest and award a free subscription to the user who picked the right topic.
    I thought that was the correct number??

    Yeah what did happen to that bobby boy?
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    25 Feb '13 21:22
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    While it's true that if you are writing a novel
    it's a good idea to have as many twists as possible,
    the reader will lose interest if the plot is too complicated.


    Best practice would be,

    1. Main plot.
    2. A couple of sub plots.
    3. Lots of sex.
    4. maybe 3 twists.
    5. Big finish.


    Phone your agent to see if the money has arrived from the publisher.

    If not, launch full scale law suit.
    Combining 3, 4 and 5 would be economical and crowd-pleasing.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    25 Feb '13 23:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

    Combining 3, 4 and 5 would be economical and crowd-pleasing.
    gb likey
  9. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Feb '13 23:22
    e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|--10--10--12--10--7--7--7--7--5--5--7--5--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3-----------|
    A|--8---8---8---8---5--5--5--5--3--3--3--3--1--1--1--1--1--1--1--1-----------|
    E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    323138
    26 Feb '13 00:03
    some of us are tone-deaf.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    19980
    26 Feb '13 08:13
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    some of us are tone-deaf.
    I am tone blind as well.
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    528037
    26 Feb '13 11:01
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I am tone blind as well.
    I ahve an optical tinitus I only see pipes...
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    26 Feb '13 11:10
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I ahve an optical tinitus I only see pipes...
    Bagpipes will cure that for you Ponderable. ๐Ÿ™‚
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    19980
    26 Feb '13 11:26
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Bagpipes will cure that for you Ponderable. ๐Ÿ™‚
    If He don't gouge His own eyes out first.๐Ÿ˜•
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29876
    26 Feb '13 12:19
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I ahve an optical tinitus I only see pipes...
    I have Optics Delerium: I can only see the devices that stand between me and the liquids in those upside down bottles.
Back to Top