@sonhouse I think we come into toxins more often than we think. We contact them physically as well as ingest them. It takes a bit of faith in our bodies that these can be fought off. Having said that I believe it's a marketing ploy to convince you that you are susceptible to unknown diseases or conditions. It may be likely that the amounts of poison taken in are negligible. Scare tactics... How about the people who simply don't take care of their oral health? It would seem they are ingesting much more poison and disease than those who do floss regularly. So which is the greater evil?
Stop aggravating yourself with these pseudo-science posts which we are so constantly bombarded with from those who wish to sell us their magic elixirs. Think red dye #5 and aspartame.