1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 23:071 edit
    I've just been reading a thread discussing game load here at RHP. One poster mentioned someone who has 1700 games on the go.

If that player took 15 seconds to move in each game, once per day, it would take about 7 hours. Every day.

And I thought us lot had no lives - posting in here most days!
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 23:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've just been reading a thread discussing game load here at RHP. One poster mentioned someone who has 1700 games on the go.

If that player took 15 seconds to move in each game, once per day, it would take about 7 hours. Every day.

And I thought us lot had no lives - posting in here most days!
    Or it could be 30 seconds each move taking 14 hrs each day? Have you checked to see if they might be confined to a wheelchair and don't have anything else to do? Maybe they are retired?
    I really don't know the person you are talking about or the situation, these are questions I would be asking before pointing any fingers??
    Also they may not have to move in all 1700 games every day!!
    Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 23:462 edits
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Or it could be 30 seconds each move taking 14 hrs each day? Have you checked to see if they might be confined to a wheelchair and don't have anything else to do? Maybe they are retired?
    I think divegeester's apparent vicious targetting of people with disabilities and his presumed callous disregard for - and attacks on - marginalized and vulnerable people generally (and, one assumes, those in countries where they are most likely already oppressed - ostensibly just for being who they are - by authoritarian regimes) is possibly an outrage.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 00:011 edit
    I really don't know the person you are talking about or the situation, these are questions I would be asking before pointing any fingers??
    Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
    I just PM'd the person and asked them if they were playing so many games because they were in a wheelchair or retired and they told me to go **** myself.

(Thanks for the advice!)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 01:05
    Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
    !
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 02:34
    I just PM'd the person and asked them if they were playing so many games because they were in a wheelchair or retired and they told me to go **** myself.

(Thanks for the advice!)
    It may have been best to ask the question first before you put it out there.....Just saying!

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  7. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 12:05
    Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
    that is true, if you have 1700 sim games, maybe you have to play each day only the urgent, maybe 300. ....
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 02:31

(Thanks for the advice!)
    PM me anytime you feel the need to be told where to go
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 04:401 edit
    It may have been best to ask the question first before you put it out there.....Just saying!

Kind Regards,
    -VR
    I know what you are saying. I'm saying that you are, for some reason, begin overly sensitive and humourless about a generalised comment regarding playing online chess for 7 hours or more a day.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 05:31
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    PM me anytime you feel the need to be told where to go
    He doesn't need to be told that.. He's already there ~ and has been for some time.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 11:56
    I know what you are saying. I'm saying that you are, for some reason, begin overly sensitive and humourless about a generalised comment regarding playing online chess for 7 hours or more a day.
    So now he's "overly sensitive" and "humorless" merely for disagreeing with you?

Disagreement is not a crime, even if it IS you he's disagreeing with. No, I get it, you disagree. Well, that's fine. We won't be calling you "overly sensitive" or even "humorless".
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 12:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think divegeester's apparent vicious targetting of people with disabilities and his presumed callous disregard for - and attacks on - marginalized and vulnerable people generally (and, one assumes, those in countries where they are most likely already oppressed - ostensibly just for being who they are - by authoritarian regimes) is possibly an outrage.[ ...[text shortened]... y FMF[/i]
    [b]He doesn't need to be told that.. He's already there ~ and has been for some time.
    You really don't have to "distance" yourself from him. People won't believe it anyway.

It just seems like too much work "just for the lulz".
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 12:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think divegeester's apparent vicious targetting of people with disabilities and his presumed callous disregard for - and attacks on - marginalized and vulnerable people generally (and, one assumes, those in countries where they are most likely already oppressed - ostensibly just for being who they are - by authoritarian regimes) is possibly an outrage.
    Very Rusty meanwhile strongly insinuates that people in wheelchairs have no life.

Which is an appalling statement.

This be a Hot Topic.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 13:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So now he's "overly sensitive" and "humorless" merely for disagreeing with you?

Disagreement is not a crime, even if it IS you he's disagreeing with. No, I get it, you disagree. Well, that's fine. We won't be calling you "overly sensitive" or even "humorless".
    Have you considered the phenomena of expressing disagreement without being over-sensitive or humourless?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree