1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 11:592 edits
    @ponderable said
    So 'silly VR', some people refer to their work or initiative using the possesive pronoun even though they are not in possession of said work... Example: composers, engineers (my bridge) politicians (my bridge),...
    "Silly Pondy", goad was claiming the thread as his own, say the grave digger is welcome in "MY THREADS" any time, using the upper case letter to emphasize. Always nice to see your bias come out though Pondy!!! πŸ˜‰ Shows who's butt your kissing!

-VR
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:01
    @very-rusty said
    "Silly Pondy", goad was claiming the thread as his own, say the grave digger is welcome in "MY THREADS" any time, using the upper case letter to emphasize. Always nice to see you bias come out though Pondy!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
    ...the "my" is the possesive pronoun I reffered to...and explained it's use in everyday language.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:021 edit
    @ponderable said
    ...the "my" is the possesive pronoun I reffered to...and explained it's use in everyday language.
    The thread belongs to no one, even if you are the OP, it isn't your thread you may have started it but you don't own it so goes the possosive part!!! πŸ˜›

-VR
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:46
    @very-rusty said
    "Silly Pondy", goad was claiming the thread as his own, say the grave digger is welcome in "MY THREADS" any time, using the upper case letter to emphasize. Always nice to see your bias come out though Pondy!!! πŸ˜‰ Shows who's butt your kissing!

-VR
    'You are always welcome in my threads sir.' = 'You are always welcome in the threads I have created.' = 'Your contributions are always welcome in the threads I have created.' = 'Threads I have created are enhanced by your contributions.' etc etc.

Apparently, in your world, if I say 'I love my country' you believe I am claiming ownership of the UK.

As always, your propensity to take everything literally has let you down badly.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'You are always welcome in my threads sir.' = 'You are always welcome in the threads I have created.' = 'Your contributions are always welcome in the threads I have created.' = 'Threads I have created are enhanced by your contributions.' etc etc.

Apparently, in your world, if I say 'I love my country' you believe I am claiming ownership of the UK.

As always, your propensity to take everything literally has let you down badly.
    Stop trying to twist words goad, you sure as hell don't impress me!!!

-VR
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:51
    @very-rusty said
    Stop trying to twist words goad, you sure as hell don't impress me!!!

-VR
    I own the words sir. Every one of them.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:522 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I own the words sir. Every one of them.
    No, actually you were trying to change the context of what I was saying to suit yourself.

In the future I will do my best to get into any thread you start in public forums, as you are the original poster not the owner of said thread. πŸ™‚

-VR
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:55
    @very-rusty said
    No, actually you were trying to change the context of what I was saying to suit yourself.

In the future I will do my best to get into any thread you start in public forums, as you are the original poster not the owner of said thread. πŸ™‚

-VR
    Sarcasm is wasted on the feeble-minded.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 12:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sarcasm is wasted on the feeble-minded.
    That is all you present is sarcastic posts goad. There aren't feeble minded, just your sarcasm!! You say something then try and pass it off as sarcasm rather it was meant to be or not.

-VR
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 13:01
    @very-rusty said
    That is all you present is sarcastic posts goad. There aren't feeble minded, just your sarcasm!! You say something then try and pass it off as sarcasm rather it was meant to be or not.

-VR
    That's it, get out of my thread.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 13:031 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That's it, get out of my thread.
    Again bite me goad!!! πŸ˜›

-VR
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 13:43
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who stole the gold toilet from Blenheim Palace?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-49700620
    I only swiped the golden plunger, I swear!!
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 12:40
    @whodey said
    I only swiped the golden plunger, I swear!!
    LOL

-VR
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Sep '19 02:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Who stole the gold toilet from Blenheim Palace?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-49700620
    Auric Goldfinger ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree