1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '16 10:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Is there a chemical connection between nicotine and these neonicotinoids? Nicotine seems buried in that word, must be some molecular similarity or chemical functionality.
    Another note: Remove Monsanto from my post and replace with Bayer. They make the most widely used neonicotinoid pesticides and would stand to lose the most money if they were discontinued.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 May '16 23:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nemos
    wtf is your avatar. You're freaking me out.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 May '16 23:36
    Suzi vs sonh, like dueling clouds in the sky throwing thunderbolts. On my damn parade.

That means something. It doesn't feel good for me.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '16 12:23
    Originally posted by apathist
    Suzi vs sonh, like dueling clouds in the sky throwing thunderbolts. On my damn parade.

That means something. It doesn't feel good for me.
    Still its quite a poetic description. 😀
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 May '16 11:46
    Now, what do you suppose that means?
    The way to go is to pick catastrophes or blessings (as suited to your type of personality) and find something that preceded each of the same type. Now you have crafted your omen. Since you now expect to see the effect after you spotted the omen, you will see the effect (however small or constructed it will look to the uninitiated).
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 May '16 23:34
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The way to go is to pick catastrophes or blessings (as suited to your type of personality) and find something that preceded each of the same type. Now you have crafted your omen. Since you now expect to see the effect after you spotted the omen, you will see the effect (however small or constructed it will look to the uninitiated).
    You are hitting the right notes. I especially like that you recognize how the personality reflects on how the omen manifests.

Its a psychology thing, all fun and nutritious. Or dark and gruesome. Your choice! Try it. Build some magic into your day.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    31 May '16 23:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was in a garden yesterday almost dumbstruck but the splendour of the flowers, honestly it was like an explosion of colour and fragrance. I could not locate a single bee and I was shaken from my euphoria and struck by a sense of doom. Where have all the bees gone? It was ominous man! I mulled it over in my mind, I had read about a parasite but the ...[text shortened]... s, air pollution! and I found myself really wondering about government and conflict of interest.
    'I'm afraid that I was very, very drunk.'
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:51
    You are hitting the right notes. I especially like that you recognize how the personality reflects on how the omen manifests.

Its a psychology thing, all fun and nutritious. Or dark and gruesome. Your choice! Try it. Build some magic into your day.
    Not psychology, but more like shamanism.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 23:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not psychology, but more like shamanism.
    And how do shamans do magic, if not through psychology? I think you just bumped into an insight.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 23:11
    And how do shamans do magic, if not through psychology? I think you just bumped into an insight.
    No doubt, a shaman's focus is spiritual, not scientific. Therein lies the difference.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 23:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No doubt, a shaman's focus is spiritual, not scientific. Therein lies the difference.
    What? I was saying that magic appears psychological. What are you saying?

Spirituality and science are not opposed to each other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree